PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 8th January 2018

Options

Comments

• FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Feeling smug. Sorry.

Lost 5lb since 1st Jan.:j:j Good start to Slinkydom. It won’t continue, but it’s a huge relief as I was soooo depressed last Monday.

Off to gym shortly. Will post my first Flymarketeers sale on the way. Not much of a profit, but as long as I have a huge stash of padded envelopes it will be worth doing. After that, probably not.

H2H. Tree will leave the house today and decorations will go into loft. Then I need to start clearing surfaces for AirBNb photographs.
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Welcome Faete, Riotlady and FroogleFraggle! :wave: And Flybabies popping out all over the country - congratulations Froogle and fingers crossed for straightforward arrivals for Riotlady's and Mrs MP's grandbeast.

Valli, so glad to hear that older cat is beginning to accept the kitteny one. My darling Diddley tried very hard to leave home after Miss Moppet moved in, finally culminating in managing to make it over four seven foot high walls and into the very securely locked backyard of a deserted house (many years ago) and her rescue involved lots of people and ladders. I still have a much treasured two inch scar where she tried to claw her way out of my arms as I carried her back down the road when a car went past and frightened her. She got over it, and although they never became good friends, they tolerated each other after the Great Escape Attempt.

Lovely to see the thread so busy and so many people signing up for H2H. I'm going to start mine with a feather duster and a pile of ordinary dusters, plus a bucket of warm soapy water later with a pile of microfibre cloths. Upstairs on the landing outstide OH's office - it needs to be dewebbed and dusted from the high up bits down to the floor level to the bottom of the flight of three stairs outside my Room of Doom. It hasn't been done properly since he moved in over Easter 23 years ago, and includes a very cluttered bookcase and a filing cabinet which are far too heavy to move. I may be some time.

That'll have to be after I've been to the place where I volunteer for a formal induction along with another handful of newbies. The manager is very businesslike and likeable so it'll be quick and very thorough. And the shower room and bathroom as per today's listy.
    Better is good enough.
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,998 Forumite
    Options
    donnajt wrote: »
    challenges

I've searched last weeks and 25/12 threads for challenge info

Slinkies - how long does this challenge last?
    Flymarketeers - what is this challenge
    h2h - I am so in, house in good shape after xmas declutter challenge but lots of decorating, odds and sods to contend with

thank you all x

slinkies.. mine is ongoing.. until the end of time.. though it is pointless as I really struggle to lose anything without simply not eating and when I do lose any weight I don't require smaller clothes which is very demoralising.. however.. I have to see is being lighter helps my poor old hip and knee.

flymarketeers.. is an ongoing thing for me but I have several things to pay off and pay for over the next 4 months so mine is until June.

H2H.. has been a 20 years slog in here and it is not improving becuase I am a hoarder and a slob.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,998 Forumite
    edited 8 January 2018 at 12:30PM
    Options
    parcels prepped to post in spite of Twinkles best efforts.
    2 of the things bought with the proceeds which are in my ebeast basket.. 2 down ... lots to go!!

Utility tariff changed.. I need to ring to sort out paying the current birthday bill but I shall do that once Horace is napping!! Trying to do anything with her menacing is impossible.

OH on his way home for lunch so he can entertain her for a bit and I'll do food!

I terrified a cat dropping a pen down the stairs.. he is hysterical because DS3 is at college today.

my outdoor list..
    prescription ~ Boog
    drop off dead batteries ~ Sbugs
    post office
    bank
    .. I am certain there was something else..

I need to fling more up to sell as well.. I WILL have an emptier house and a fuller bank account!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Mademoiselle
    Mademoiselle Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Off to a reasonable start today, WM 2, TD1, ironed and put away 1. Photos back in albums and put away. Several bags cleared out of living room.

Decent lunch made and eaten, cheese omelette, served with cucumber, tomatoes and a piece of wholemeal toast. This is a big success for me as I tend to pick throughout the morning and not eat a proper lunch then hit the biscuits in the afternoon. Hoping lunch will mean I keep going with clearing up this afternoon.

Just having a bit of internet time whilst watching lunchtime news. Then TD should be finished so can iron then put another load in. All whilst carrying on with clearing lounge and kitchen and need to pop to shops for a few bits and dinner.

See you later
    xx
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Bathroom done. Stuck the boys in the bath while I cleaned. Two birds, one stone and all that.

I'm dot-to-dotting today as I've got gibble scattered all round. Ultimate goal today is to clear, tidy and clean the dining room. I have a new console table to construct and place in there, a new lamp to unpack and get working and I am hopeful that the easy chair may appear today with the courier, as it was delayed last week.

Lunch first. Diet is going well :(
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,426 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 8 January 2018 at 1:18PM
    Options
    Blood test decluttered
    Decision made about essay title during my hour-long wait at the horsepiddle
    Breakfast eaten- just going to have lunch as well
    4 phonecalls made

Safe arrival vibes for mrs-mp's DGC.

:T:T:T:T:T to FBO :D

Re: Slinkies challenge - Valli please put me down for 1 st 1 lb, which I'm aiming to lose by Easter (but we're going on holiday for a week in February, which may slow my weight loss down a bit).
  • donnajt
    donnajt Posts: 1,085 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    pigpen wrote: »
    slinkies.. mine is ongoing.. until the end of time.. though it is pointless as I really struggle to lose anything without simply not eating and when I do lose any weight I don't require smaller clothes which is very demoralising.. however.. I have to see is being lighter helps my poor old hip and knee.

flymarketeers.. is an ongoing thing for me but I have several things to pay off and pay for over the next 4 months so mine is until June.

H2H.. has been a 20 years slog in here and it is not improving becuase I am a hoarder and a slob.

Thank you Pigpen xxxx

Valli/Natty - can I be added to all three challenges please

Slinkies .... 3 stone by summer
    Marketeers .... £1000 spending money for summer hols
    H2H .... decorated and sparkling by summer

aim high!!!
  • hex2
    hex2 Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm going to start with a HHC on my H2H mission to clear space. Housekeeping/boiler cupboard first.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
  • donnajt
    donnajt Posts: 1,085 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good start to the week...

kitchen s&s
    floors swept / steamed
    sink cleaned/buffed nice and shiny
    soup and sausage rolls made ready for lunch

downstairs loo
    scrubbed, dusted, swept, steamed, buffed, lovely and shiny

dining room