Stoozing success

1235»

Comments

• Tracyk_2
    Tracyk_2 Posts: 345 Forumite
    If I am thinking of moving house in the near future - should I wait before starting to stooze in case it affects my credit rating? I will prob stay with my current B Soc and have a good relationship with them - so could explain what I'd been doing to them if I need to.
  • Clariman
    Clariman Posts: 1,484 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Tracyk wrote:
    If I am thinking of moving house in the near future - should I wait before starting to stooze in case it affects my credit rating? I will prob stay with my current B Soc and have a good relationship with them - so could explain what I'd been doing to them if I need to.

Personally, if I were going to be making a mortgage application, I would stop stoozing and close down some cards. However, not everyone does. When a mortgage lender decides what they will lend you (e.g. 3.5 x salary or whatever it is these days), they take off what you already have borrowed elsewhere. So, if you have £30,000 stoozed, then you will get a max mortgage which is £30,000 less than what it could have been. However, if you show the lender all your savings (stooz pot) cover the outstanding debt, then they may be prepared to take this into account and give you the full amount.

I wouldn't take the risk because I am fairly risk-averse. Stoozing money is a 'nice-to-have'. Having a roof over your head is an essential.

Clariman
    Author of the first Stoozing FAQ on the Internet and Creator of the SOA & Snowball calculators at Lemonfool.co.uk
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure