Debt-Free wanna be vs Maternity pay. Determined to stay on track.

Comments

• Morning Ramblemhan long time no speak. I'll try catch up on your diary but on my days life is crazy right now. My sister is on the process of splitting from her husband and has had to move to my dads house with her two young children with a days notice. Trying to keep money in check but having her kids a lot for her so spend a bit of petrol (they live an hours drive away) and lunches for them etc but trying to keep it in check and bring them to my house as much as possible to make it cheaper. Ugh my brain hurts. Xx
    emergency fund:£179/ £1000 Uniform/car fund:£
    boys savings £
    Christmas £60 bday £40 holiday £

Family loan £7000/£5425
    Credit Card 0% £2015.32 eon £435 overdrafts £1500/£1300
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Oh no - your poor sister - Good on you for helping out, although I can see it must be really tough for you too - but what an AMAZING thing you are doing for her and her children.

I have a new diary - wandering on.....my world is as bonkers as ever too - I often think 'why is my life like this when everyone elses seems to be so calm and organised.....and i think I'm gradually coming to see that actually everyone's life is as bonkers but perhaps in different ways!

Keep smiling xxx
  • Bahhh totally. Some people are just better at coping with or hiding the madness. "This to shall pass" is a something I've learn the last few years. So got bad time just keep going and for good times really cherish them because they won't last for ever either. Xx

I'll find it and have a read. Xx
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • Morning, quick pop in as I've just checked my accounts and I'm skint until 15th. £20 left in the petrol account which I need to pop on my car only the way to work today. I did have a Tesco food shop coming Tuesday but have moved this back until payday as my cupboards and freezer and full I'll just have to make a meal plan and grab fruit, veg milk and bread....or maybe send DP as I cannot be trusted with a small shop!! £9 left in my pocket money account and £5 in my purse. Baby group set up drinks Wednesday night and £2 for group needed but if I stick to non alcoholic drinks that should work. Then the £9 can be for the fruit and veg. It's my god daughters birthday tomorrow oooh literally just remembered I have a big playdoh set waiting in the cupboard phew! This is the last of my present stash gone tho so need to stock that back up when things are looking better money wise. It really does save money buying when you see bargains instead of rushing out last minute and buying something. A close friend has arranged a spa day at the end of Feb for her birthday. It'll cost £95 before any other expenses so I've said I'll have to see how things are looking. We really are at a point with the house wheee every penny counts tho. Right best get these kids sorted for the childminder then get myself ready for work x
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,585 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Hannah I have moved your thread to diaries section.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • enthusiasticsaver
    Oh is this not the proper board? Can I just move the whole thing or will I have to start afresh?

Quiet day in with the boys today. DP has just headed off to work after a lovely three days off together. Back to reality and sorting washing etc. My mum always comes for dinner and bedtime on a Thursday as DP works late so I'm going to make a slow cooker stew and use up all the extra veg I have going out of date from Christmas dinner. I also need to meal plan and make a small list to pick up after work tomorrow. X

No need to start afresh. I have moved it.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Morning,

Long time no post. You'll be glad to hear I've been to busy to spend money!

Anyone who saw my posts about my sister will be pleased to hear she is moving into a cute little cottage with her children Friday :0)

BIG NEWS here......we've found a house, had an offer accepted (pending survey which is being completed tomorrow) and we have a mortgage in principle! S*** guys this is actually happening! The house needs a lot of work and isn't in our ideal location but we had to compromise with our budget. But it's a lovely Victorian 4 bed town house and we are committed to going to work it needs and saving up to make it a lovely open plan living space downstairs. Eeeek!

I'm so sick the toddler is at school and the baby is just up for a nap so I'm on the sofa under my blanket ready to watch a film. I was going to have a quick Google of things I a)don't need b)can't afford but decided to check in here instead. Yes a cordless Hoover and a pretty dressing tablet would be lovely....but they can wait!! Going to rest and watch the film. X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • enthusiasticsaver
    Exciting news about house. Hope all goes smoothly.
  • Thank you enthusiasticsaver,

Quick pop in as I've spent the last 12 hours window shopping online! Waiting for the surveyors report to come back so feeling a bit bored, but buying cute bits for the boys bedroom is not a way to kill time!!!

Dp's pay day today all money sorted and an extra £100 popped in savings. Waiting for HSBC to process a complaint for me a few years ago I had a ISA then when the help to buy isas came out I called and asked them to set up one of those for me instead....that was opened and I transferred all my savings in and continued to make my monthly savings deposits there in order to qualify for the help to buy bonus. I called the other day to see if they had a calculator of how much bonus I qualified for and it turn out they opened another ISA but it was the same as the existing on I had not a help! I hadn't noticed that the name wasn't help to buy on my online banking but then to be honest I didn't realise it had to say that. This could potentially cost me £1400!!! I've put a complaint in on the grounds it was a mistake their end as why would I call to close a advanced ISA and open an advanced ISA and transfer all my money over to that. They said it could take 8 weeks to process the complaint which I then called and said I don't have 8 weeks so hoping they process it a bit sooner. Nightmare.

Lazy day in with the boys today my childminder has called in sick for today I was meant to have a day without the boys to clean and nap as I'm on a 9pm-6am tonight. Wahhhh whinge over we will have lots of fun instead today and I will drink lots of coffee on my night shift. She has also called in sick for tomorrow tho and I'm working again at 5 wahhh! My mum said she's pop over so I could have a few hours sleep and then stay until dp gets back. Going to be a tired few days. Thankfully I'm finally over my s&d bug and feeing better. That is not money related at all sorry just having a rant about life. Although we have paid the childminder nearly £200 for the two days and I can't find her contract to see if we will get a refund.....we shall see what appears on next mo this invoice I guess.

Right best go x
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • Note to self......looking on Amazon for learning resources doesn't mean you can spend money you are trying to buy a house!!!
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts