IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Do I have a case or shall I just pay it? Galdstone letter

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,638 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Great! as expected:

- the £100 is in smaller font than the most prominent words

- the sign is high up on a wall (less likely to be noticed)

- the sign says nothing about adding £50, or anything at all (in fact it mentions 'further reductions' like some sort of clothing sale!). Hilarious!

- the sign is prohibitive, makes NO OFFER (therefore creates no contract because they have provided no 'consideration') see here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=71368424#post71368424

Nice evidence.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,053 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    hopsfield wrote: »
    imgur. com/a/4K8eq - this is my LBC letter (remove the space before "com"

I did sent a letter to car park owner (not landlord - not sure who that is) - but I received a letter back saying its too late to appeal.

Its SiP

You are not appealing to the land owner/car park owner, you are telling them to instruct their agents, SIP parking to cancel the charge.
    The car park owner in most cases will not be the parking company- the PPC is almost always nothing but a parasite infesting a car park.

In order to get help you need to supply a little more information ( just enough but not too much)

Type of car park? residential, yours? your space? retail outlet? restaurant? pub? shopping centre? other?

Location of car park - as long as you do not divulge any personal or other identifying information there no problem with this, something like Goods yard retail park, Station road, somwheretown, anywhereshire.
    Although N.Martin doesn't post on here, there maybe someone else who is familiar with that car park/site and could help.
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • Its a public car park, In Manchester - Great Jackson street. People use it while working in the offices near by. Does this help?
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Half_way wrote: »
    Although N.Martin doesn't post on here, there maybe someone else who is familiar with that car park/site and could help.

People who've joined this forum in the last couple of years may not understand that reference. ;):D
  • I don't get it :) share ... :)
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,638 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    The hilarious template letter from an imaginary 'N Martin' at ANPR Ltd* always said he or she was 'familiar' with every site/any ticket!

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5144751

''...and taking into consideration I personally know the site...''

*now no longer allowed to get DVLA data...ex-clamper Trev Whitehouse was consigned to the norty step and I understand he may have retired/may be living abroad more, in the property he bought with the proceeds of his clamping/ticketing racket.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,053 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    If you want to see just what you are dealing with, with regards to PPCs try googling: Ibotson VCS toothbrush
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    edited 30 September 2016 at 8:24AM
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    The_Deep wrote: »
    We write and create the mathematical algorithms that are use in number plate detection

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • Hey guys just a quick update -
    I have now received a court letter (no reply from Gladsotnes...)
    Help :((
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport