Negotiating Sky HD

Hi

I have a sky+ box and am out of contract and have been for about 2 years.

I now want HD and an HD box from Sky through and would like advice on how to obtain this without breaking the bank. Can I get it without paying the fee does anyone think?

I pay about £32 per month which includes rental of line, bb and tv.

Is it worth threatening to leave, what is the most effective way of going about this?

thanks

Comments

• penrhyn
    penrhyn Posts: 15,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    The first HD box is free,(if you do a self install) you just have to pay an extra £10.25 / month for the HD service, unless you can get a deal.
    That gum you like is coming back in style.
  • remember it will put you back into contract for 12 months, self install will cost usually £15 for delivery charge, if you threaten to leave, there may be (or may not) an offer on your account for a new sky+hd box with a discount on HD package for 6 months, worth having a go on "financial grounds" - don't ask for an offer, threaten to cancel, if they offer nothing then just tell them you will think about it and do it online?
  • penrhyn
    penrhyn Posts: 15,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks , didn't realise that they charge delivery on a self install, it was free when I upgraded admittedly that was over a year ago.
    That gum you like is coming back in style.
  • when I worked for them (don't have a go at me, lol) it was £15 delivery charge for self intallation (sometimes it was free), and that is why I always say don't go offer hunting, threaten to cancel on financial grounds etc - they are trying to address the amount of offer hunters/repeated offer hunters and that's why so many are now not getting offers and they have no offers teams (a pilot to see how it goes) in cancellations who have no offers on any account so wouldn't give you anything anyway, as above just say will have to think about it - they always say this is a point of call offer, don't let that make you rush a decision
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure