Help with CCJ info!

Hello everyone, Hope you are all well!

I was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to give me some advice on somethings regarding a CCJ i have.

I got this CCJ almost 6 years ago (Jan 2012) because i got stuck in the middle of 2 peoples vendetta against other and was quiet naive and followed some bad advice. But thats not the issue. Ive paid the CCJ up (about 2 years ago) and acquired the certificate needed to get the CCJ satisfied, But i never got around to actually getting it marked as so.

Now my first question is, shall i bother getting it marked as satisfied? My understanding is in Jan 2018 the CCJ will be cleared off my file, is this correct? or will it stay on because they think is isnt paid?

Second question is, if the CCJ does get removed, will it affect me applying for mortgages? (i am currently in the process of saving a deposit) or any other credit for that matter?

Hope this makes sense! Thanks for reading and hope someone can help!

Daniel

Comments

• worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    It will drop off after six years.
  • Hello worried jim!

Thanks for replying! So am guessing i shouldnt bothered with satisfying it then? Thats good news!

So once its gone, its gone? like it never exsisted?

Thanks
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,870 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    dannyt1986 wrote: »
    Hello worried jim!

Thanks for replying! So am guessing i shouldnt bothered with satisfying it then? Thats good news!

So once its gone, its gone? like it never exsisted?

Thanks

Yes that's correct, once off your file, all trace will be gone.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Thanks sourcrates! thats great news!

Ive just seen on this message board about the free experian credit thing, and just signed up for it, well it says my CCJ is gone on this report, can they disappear before the 6 years?

Its definitely my record has it has all of my other credit cards and loans, phone contracts and adresses etc. I had previously check my file about 8 months ago on the pay monthly experian site (which my CCJ was still on the file then)

Is it worth signing back up for a month and checking this one?

Thanks
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,870 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    dannyt1986 wrote: »
    Thanks sourcrates! thats great news!

Ive just seen on this message board about the free experian credit thing, and just signed up for it, well it says my CCJ is gone on this report, can they disappear before the 6 years?

Its definitely my record has it has all of my other credit cards and loans, phone contracts and adresses etc. I had previously check my file about 8 months ago on the pay monthly experian site (which my CCJ was still on the file then)

Is it worth signing back up for a month and checking this one?

Thanks

Things are not always recorded on all of your credit reports.

I would still look at Jan 18 being the drop off date, as they don't disappear early, no.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Okie dokie!

Thanks for the info!
  • amstel2
    amstel2 Posts: 262 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Also remember if you had never bothered paying off the CCJ & kept the money it would still drop off in Jan 18.

This crazy system gives no incentive to pay them.
  • Arleen
    Arleen Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    amstel2 wrote: »
    Also remember if you had never bothered paying off the CCJ & kept the money it would still drop off in Jan 18.

You mean it doesn't reward further gaming the system.
  • nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,928 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    amstel2 wrote: »

But the CCJ doesn't become unenforceable (like stat barred debts) so could have enforcement actions, like charge order put on the new house you just bought after the six years was up. So if you are aiming to get a mortgage then paying the CCJ before lots more enforcement costs are added is best ;)
  • amstel2
    amstel2 Posts: 262 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    What I am saying is I find it ridiculous that this punishment (CCJ) sentence is set at 6 years when people who commit actual crimes e.g. fraud, assault even murder get a lot less.

I also find it ridiculous that if you pay a CCJ within a month it gets wiped but if say your circumstances change & you pay the CCJ after say 2 years you get treated the same as if you never paid. This business of them being marked as “satisfied” makes no difference whatsoever to its effect on a credit file.

As for charging orders that only applies to secure debt.

My own experience. I was in financial difficulties a few years ago & was in massive debt & made genuine proposals to the creds to pay it over many years. All I got off them especially HSBC & AMEX where constant threats of CCJ’s. So as I had no assets I stuck 2 fingers up at them all & went bankrupt which I found incredibly easy.

The day after going bankrupt I made a point of ringing them all & telling them. Got an IPA but they got a fraction of what would have got if they had accepted my DMP.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure