Comments

• BossKy
    BossKy Posts: 23 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Thanks this is helpful!
  • BossKy
    First Anniversary
    Just wanted to approach the topic from a different angle to be honest. The other thread was more in relation to how far back lenders check your records, this is more direct and asking about how much I might be realistically looking at, plus ape info and potential lenders.
  • BossKy
    First Anniversary
    Yeah probably not as sub prime as myself or what I'm looking for but helpful nonetheless- and congrats on the new vehicle!
  • MadMat
    MadMat Posts: 266 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I have a five year old satsified CCJ on my history, and around 3 years of "good" history using subprime and rebuild cards as often advised on this site

I recently got finance from Santander on a vehicle costing £19500 with a 10% deposit at 9.9% APR

Finance was arranged by a broker whos name I can't remember, I was referred to them by the dealer - Cabdirect

Mat
  • flightboy
    flightboy Posts: 183 Forumite
    I have 1 CCJ 3 years old and 3 defaults from 2 years ago with no credit cards and i applied after getting a promotion at work as i needed a more reliable car

ended up being offered up to £8,000 but ended up with a £6,000 loan at 18.9% over 2 years ( could have been up to 5 ) and was able to find a car, tell them about it and collect within 3 days. Had it since October and have paid off over half already as they allow 3 extra payments per year up to £1000 a time so worked out ok for me when no one else would even look at me

As long as you can pay it earlier i dont see a issue with higher APR if like me you have a bad credit history and really need a car :beer:
  • BossKy
    First Anniversary
    Wow congrats and thanks for sharing
  • BossKy
    First Anniversary
    yep will certainly be aiming to repay sooner to avoid getting hit by the high apr as much as possible. Congrats on the vehicle.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,551 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Sister had a bankruptcy and on her file and other debts that were not included in it.
    She got a car at a stupid interest rate, car was way overpriced also. Car needed major repairs long before she paid the loan off. (approx 18 months).

She made the final payment and scrapped the car straight after.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• BossKy
    First Anniversary
    Who is your lender ?
  • Dandytf
    Dandytf Posts: 4,819 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Purchased a car-twice during existing DMP years-multiple defaults, no ccj's

Moneybarn-prevous car.
    Blackhorse finance-this years car.
    Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure