Apartment moving

Cortney
Cortney Posts: 15 Forumite
edited 22 March 2017 at 8:59PM in England
Hi.
My sister is planning an apartment moving now (Bristol - London). And looking for movers who can help her with that relocation. I met one man last week, he is arranging transportation from UK to Ukraine and from Ukraine to UK, he helped me once with my package to Ukraine. And I asked him to suggest me a good, but not expensive relocation company. He gave me a website, but need more opinions about it because I never used websites like this before. That man said me we could find not very expensive services there... but how much can I trust companies, that I can find on that website (offerpride)? I just need to place my order for moving and wait for quotes from transporters. Has somebody an experience in using similar platforms for carriers searching?
Or we need to find not cheap, but a popular company, who we can trust more?
Thank you.

Comments

• Hasbeen
    Hasbeen Posts: 4,404 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Cortney wrote: »
    Hi.
    My sister is planning an apartment moving now (Bristol - London). And looking for movers who can help her with that relocation. I met one man last week, he is arranging transportation from UK to Ukraine and from Ukraine to UK, he helped me once with my package to Ukraine. And I asked him to suggest me a good, but not expensive relocation company. He gave me a website, but need more opinions about it because I never used websites like this before. That man said me we could find not very expensive services there... but how much can I trust companies, that I can find on that website (offerpride)? I just need to place my order for moving and wait for quotes from transporters. Has somebody an experience in using similar platforms for carriers searching?
    Or we need to find not cheap, but a popular company, who we can trust more?
    Thank you.

I would stay away from websites! Go with local trusted carriers! Check them before contract, do not pay in advance.

LOL this is the UK we do normally have apartments??:)
    The world is not ruined by the wickedness of the wicked, but by the weakness of the good. Napoleon
  • Cortney
    Hasbeen wrote: »
    I would stay away from websites! Go with local trusted carriers! Check them before contract, do not pay in advance.

Thank you for your opinion!
    :j
  • Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 8,209 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    And make sure they're really using an actual insurance company to insure your goods, rather than just saying they will cover them, as many well-known names have been known to do. Better still, check whether your household contents policy will cover your goods during removal, many of them do without extra charge.
  • boliston
    boliston Posts: 3,012 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker

I'm sure a lot of UK estate agents use "apartment" as it sounds more upmarket than "flat"
  • Yes, actually I have used a couple of carrer platforms when moving.Did not have to face the music, but would definitely suggest you to insure your furniture and other goods!
  • Cortney
    Thank you all for help!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills