Charities board update
Please note, our Forum rules no longer allow the posting of links to personal fundraising or crowdfunding pages, such as JustGiving. You can read the full set of our Forum rules here.

Collecting money for charity event

A friend and I are putting on an event for 80 people at a restaurant to raise money for a charity. The restaurant will cover costs and the bulk of the ticket money will got to the charity.
Now the event has started being 'shared' and people I don't know want to buy tickets, I am unsure how to collect the money. (Friends are quite happy to pay direct into my bank account or give me cash). I need to be able to split each ticket cost between the restaurant and the charity, and allow for the possibility of refunds in case the event is cancelled.
I have looked into bank accounts, and seems I would need to create a constitution, have a minimum of 3 Board members and minuted meetings which seems overkill for a one-off event.
Any thoughts? Thank you.

Comments

• Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,017 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Eventbrite? I know there's a fee for paid-for events, and I don't (apologies) know if there are restrictions for the kind of account money can be paid into, but it certainly seems the most common solution these days!
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • paddyrg
    paddyrg Posts: 13,543 Forumite
    Eventbrite are indeed excellent for this - you'll pay them a charge but you can push that to the buyer (like a booking fee), you can release different tiers of tickets, you can have special access codes and discount codes and even campaign codes...

They're currently best of breed
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport