Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • L.S.D.
    • By L.S.D. 7th Dec 05, 12:12 PM
    • 407Posts
    • 122Thanks
    L.S.D.
    Aldi - Technosonic PVR £99.99 - Freeview
    • 7th Dec 05, 12:12 PM
    Aldi - Technosonic PVR £99.99 - Freeview 7th Dec 05 at 12:12 PM
    Aldi - Technosonic PVR £99.99 with Freeview

2 Tuners
    80 gig hard drive
    record whilst watching another programme
    Watch a programme later whilst still recording (Time slip)
    Much much more.

Thursday 15th December

Official Insert:

A PVR records programmes direct to its hard drive rather than onto external media. This one also has a Freeview box so you can get extra channels. Aldi's offer starts on Thursday 15 December. There's more info about this particular PVR on the Aldi website.
    Last edited by MSE Martin; 13-12-2005 at 4:07 PM.
    Nice to save.
Page 2
  • Fogg1969
    Not sure Fogg is right about the Lidl one
    by boyohboy
    Sorry, what I meant was none of the integrated Freeview PVRs that I am aware of accept an analogue input. The Lidl one being a dvd recorder with hard drive is likely to accept an analogue input, though I doubt it would dovetail nicely with an NTL box. It's a shame Tivo quit selling in the UK, one of those would have been better.

Freeview PVRs are amazingly useful gadgets though. If there's anything I want to watch on ITV, I get the pvr to record it, wander off to amuse myself with something else for 15 minutes, then whip thru' the program missing out all the ads... I've got it down to a fine art where I often catch up with the live transimission towards the end of the programme. I swear I've saved hours of my life now not being sold things. Until you've actually owned one it's hard to imagine just how useful they are.
  • rowantoad
    I can recommend the Humax PVR9200T, had it for a couple of weeks now and it's been pretty good. twin dvb tuners, 160 gb harddisk, and you can record 2 programs and watch certain 3rd channels live!
    by b44rch
    I have just ordered the Humax PVR9200T (yesterday) after a bit of research.
    160gig with a usb port so you can archive off if you want. Can record 2 channels at once. Cam slot so can get topup tv (Needs a cam for the card)
    http://www.cwdigital.co.uk/pvr.asp £208 delivered

at only 100quid for the aldi one maybe i've jumped the gun but I can't wait for mine to arrive. Have we a link to it anywhere? Are we certain it can record 2 channels at once? can it get topup tv?

Dual tuner - Dual Record PVR
    http://www.emsee.co.uk/pvr/

Dual tuner - Single Record PVR
    http://www.emsee.co.uk/pvr/index_sr.htm
    Last edited by rowantoad; 07-12-2005 at 7:45 PM. Reason: add price paid in
  • boyohboy

Freeview PVRs are amazingly useful gadgets though. .
    by Fogg1969
    Couldn't agree more with Fogg1969, it would be the aldi one me.
  • Darren21
    Does anyone actually know how good this box is? On digitalspy pvr's seem to have a fair few faults and this particular box is not reviewed at all?!
  • jambooboo
    I've been looking round for a PVR and was gonna get the Digifusion FVRT200 but I think I'll be taking a look at one of these at the first opportunity.

The Lidl DVD/160gb hd is a great buy too. I'm a student and money being tight particularly round Christmas I can only really afford one or the other.
  • dc
    Finally a picture, anyone recognise this? I am no nearer, thought it might be a rebadged Fusion 200, but I think not. Still tempted to join the queue next Thurs.

http://www.aldi.co.uk/special_buys/product_502.html

HTHs
    ac's lovechild
    • nads
    • By nads 8th Dec 05, 7:03 PM
    • 2,348 Posts
    • 1,397 Thanks
    nads
    I think I'm going to opt for the Lidl one, It mentions insructions on connecting a Canal+ decoder, so it may be a shot in the dark but perhaps I can conncet the ntl box.

Worth a risk, I can always return it if it desn't work as expected. I'm sure someoen else will buy it.
    • Woby_Tide
    • By Woby_Tide 8th Dec 05, 8:46 PM
    • 5,197 Posts
    • 1,964 Thanks
    Woby_Tide
    The Lidl one is a DVD recorder so will take an external input from Sky/NTL, the Aldi one is PVR which will only record internal tuner
    • kwt
    • By kwt 8th Dec 05, 9:48 PM
    • 145 Posts
    • 147 Thanks
    kwt
    This is a new game to me as I still have VHS recorder and analogue TV. Can anyone tell me how many hours worth of recording you can get on a 80gb hard drive. Also seems like we need a new aeriel according to the Freeview website - are they expensive?

Many thanks
  • goldenbolux
    depends if you put it up yourself or get someone to install it
    use cpc.co.uk if your just gonna put it up yourself
    i got a price to install and aerial it was about £65 and the price of the same aerial to buy was about a tenner
    A penny saved is something else for the wife to spend !!!
    • gogsboy
    • By gogsboy 8th Dec 05, 10:19 PM
    • 526 Posts
    • 39 Thanks
    gogsboy
    This is a new game to me as I still have VHS recorder and analogue TV. Can anyone tell me how many hours worth of recording you can get on a 80gb hard drive. Also seems like we need a new aeriel according to the Freeview website - are they expensive?

Many thanks
    by kwt
    Dont take that aerial lark as gospel, the freeview site will tell the vast majority they need an aerial, it tells me I need the highest gain aerial plus an amplifier, however I hooked it up to the ancient rubbish aeriel that was lurking up in the loft and get pretty much full signal strength on all channels.

Not saying it will be the same for you but I know this to be the case for a lot of people, try it out first before jumping in for a new aerial
    • scoobie
    • By scoobie 8th Dec 05, 11:06 PM
    • 270 Posts
    • 34 Thanks
    scoobie
    160gig with a usb port so you can archive off if you want.
    by rowantoad
    When you say archive off , presumably you can only play it back via the Humax?. Or can you transfer it to a PC and watch it/ burn it to DVD?
    • L.S.D.
    • By L.S.D. 8th Dec 05, 11:27 PM
    • 407 Posts
    • 122 Thanks
    L.S.D.
    "The Lidl one is a DVD recorder so will take an external input from Sky/NTL, the Aldi one is PVR which will only record internal tuner"

The Aldi one has two freeview tuners. Both machines have there uses. Having both I can say the first I would get is the Aldi one, & miss the other until it also has Freeview.
    Nice to save.
    • tubster
    • By tubster 8th Dec 05, 11:34 PM
    • 250 Posts
    • 146 Thanks
    tubster
    PVR questions
    Hello folks
    Which? have published some reviews of PVRs recently - a key issue seems to be how easy the programme guide is to use for recording. It rates the Humax highly - has anyone tried a technotronic PVR of any kind? I imagine the EPG will be the same for the Aldi model, so any clues as to if it is any good would be welcome.
    Also, could someone who has a freeview PVR tell me if you can set it to record at the same time every week for a series?
    If anyone is unsure about their ariel etc, I would really recommend borrowing someone else's freeview receiver to find out in 30 seconds if it works with your ariel.
    Tubster
  • scoobies
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rowantoad
    160gig with a usb port so you can archive off if you want.

"When you say archive off , presumably you can only play it back via the Humax?. Or can you transfer it to a PC and watch it/ burn it to DVD?"

Nope - On the 9200T you can archive to PC and then burn it to DVD. I have the 8000T and I am a big fan of Humax.

Still might get this cheapo for £99 though!
    • gogsboy
    • By gogsboy 9th Dec 05, 2:18 AM
    • 526 Posts
    • 39 Thanks
    gogsboy
    Nope - On the 9200T you can archive to PC and then burn it to DVD. I have the 8000T and I am a big fan of Humax.

Still might get this cheapo for £99 though!
    by scoobies
    What kind of transfer speed to you achieve and how much space does it take up, what sort of file arrives on your PC?

Is this a feature of the new Topfield one to do you know
  • scoobies
    I do not have a 9200T - but you can find out alot more details on PVR's here

http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=90

Cheers,
    Scoobies
    Last edited by scoobies; 09-12-2005 at 9:18 AM.
    • L.S.D.
    • By L.S.D. 9th Dec 05, 9:29 AM
    • 407 Posts
    • 122 Thanks
    L.S.D.
    I have the Digifusion PVR & I archive off to my DVD recorder via RGB scart so a 90 minute movie takes 90 minutes & the quality is perfect.
    Nice to save.
    • Woby_Tide
    • By Woby_Tide 9th Dec 05, 10:42 AM
    • 5,197 Posts
    • 1,964 Thanks
    Woby_Tide
    "The Lidl one is a DVD recorder so will take an external input from Sky/NTL, the Aldi one is PVR which will only record internal tuner"

The Aldi one has two freeview tuners. Both machines have there uses. Having both I can say the first I would get is the Aldi one, & miss the other until it also has Freeview.
    by L.S.D.
    I was replying to the previous posts where someone wanted to attach an external Sky/Sat box to one of the two options when only one of the options is suitable.
    • eilz
    • By eilz 9th Dec 05, 11:18 AM
    • 344 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    eilz
    So aprt from being more dearer is the Humax PVR9200T the best option, do the other two aldi/lidl one mcome close to the functions of the Humax
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,344Posts Today

6,696Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin