Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    mhoc wrote: »
    good evening all

Please can I ask the mobile phone experts a question pretty please.

I noticed on 10 ways a link for a EE sim only deal.

I am with EE but out of contract so I think we are just rolling - OH pays for both our SIM onlys. So all OH would need to do is to remove my phone on line - is it that simple?

If I get this new EE deal can I transfer my current mobile number across to the new sim.

when this new sim arrives what happens - do I just put it in the phone?

Ive never done this sort of scary stuff before :o

Sorry Mhoc i dont know:o
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    So this afternoon I had a hair cut - first time in about 16 months :eek:
    On Saturday I noticed a hairdressers in town I'd not noticed before.
    When I was playing on deal zippy that evening I found the hairdressers listed via Groupon :j- this is a very small town and it only has 2 or 3 local places listed in maybe a year so this was quite a surprise.

The hairdressers are not opened on Mondays so I had to wait until this morning before I could book an appointment and I managed to get a late appointment for today - no bottling out.

Then I went to Quidco to Groupon and today its 10% cashback :D - better than the 5% they were offering yesterday when I was buying something expensive :)

I bought my deal using paypal as my paypal account is looking more healthy - Ive managed a few ebay sales over the last month :T
    So with a bit of wardrobe culling, several bags to the charity shop and a few select items listed on ebay - so I turned excess wardrobe into a meal deal, a haircut and a few superdrug orders :)
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • mhoc
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    I know it's hard to believe it Sarah, but most come through the other side of their teenage years as transformed characters. Wishing you all well and yes we will shout if there's a glitch:D

And hello to nanny:)

Agree - Ive got 2 out of 3 through the other side of the teen/young adult misery so it can happen - eventually ...
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    So this afternoon I had a hair cut - first time in about 16 months :eek:
    On Saturday I noticed a hairdressers in town I'd not noticed before.
    When I was playing on deal zippy that evening I found the hairdressers listed via Groupon :j- this is a very small town and it only has 2 or 3 local places listed in maybe a year so this was quite a surprise.

The hairdressers are not opened on Mondays so I had to wait until this morning before I could book an appointment and I managed to get a late appointment for today - no bottling out.

Then I went to Quidco to Groupon and today its 10% cashback :D - better than the 5% they were offering yesterday when I was buying something expensive :)

I bought my deal using paypal as my paypal account is looking more healthy - Ive managed a few ebay sales over the last month :T
    So with a bit of wardrobe culling, several bags to the charity shop and a few select items listed on ebay - so I turned excess wardrobe into a meal deal, a haircut and a few superdrug orders :)

:T:T:T:T well done are you pleased with your hair?
    Where are you having it done for the wedding?
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    good evening all

Please can I ask the mobile phone experts a question pretty please.

I noticed on 10 ways a link for a EE sim only deal.

I am with EE but out of contract so I think we are just rolling - OH pays for both our SIM onlys. So all OH would need to do is to remove my phone on line - is it that simple?

If I get this new EE deal can I transfer my current mobile number across to the new sim.

when this new sim arrives what happens - do I just put it in the phone?

Ive never done this sort of scary stuff before :o

No the new SIM will be a new number.
    Why not ring EE & see what they can offer you on your existing number?
    I did this with Virgin & now pay a £5 a month on a SIM only deal.
    250 minutes, unlimited texts & 250mb of internet. Which is perfect for me as I tend to use BT hot spots instead of my allowance
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    bubbs wrote: »
    Hello TM and TM(2) :D

Good evening to you too bubbs:D

....and everyone else of course:)
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • mhoc
    Arthien wrote: »
    Sorry I didn't get chance to check today, so all I know is A had 5 sharpies in as of Thursday :o

I still haven't done a shop for them yet so please let me know if the stock disappears :D

I used to do the shoebox appeals but then decided I didn't agree with the religious side of it so I gave my stash to the food bank instead. I used to enjoy doing them though, pity most charities say the money is more useful really.

Ive also had inner wrangles with the shoe box collections and the religious issues associated and I know the situation is not perfect. I came to the conclusion that I am going to continue doing them - I get so much joy out of collecting the various bits - I have boxes in readiness and gradually add to them over the year, starting the week after I drop that years boxes off. Last year was my best as I managed to fill 10 boxes, these went to Eastern Europe where kids have less than nothing - so its the very best bit of Christmas for me, the only bit that really matters - getting the boxes wrapped and ready and dropped off.

But for the rest of the year I also make sure I make regular donations to our local foodbank - so I don't ignore those struggling locally either
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Some interesting stuff in the clearance section here

https://www.lloydspharmacy.com/en/all-clearance#first

There's some codes floating about but I can't get them to work on anything:o
    Vouchercodes have a £5 off wys £20 and there's also one on the home page
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • mhoc
    Snap-ant wrote: »
    250 minutes, unlimited texts & 250mb of internet. Which is perfect for me as I tend to use BT hot spots instead of my allowance

A few times a year I forget to switch the data off and I run out of my allowance in the first week :(
    I did try going into EE but they refused to negotiate - actually wanted to increase what I pay :(
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 14 March 2017 at 8:33PM
    Snap-ant wrote: »

Don't know how it works within the same company, but normally you would just ask for a PAC code to move your number.

But surely it would be simpler to just call them as Snap suggested and tell them you want to move onto that deal?
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport