Free Mills & Boon eBooks @ WHsmiths

alexandrite
alexandrite Posts: 552 Forumite
edited 26 June 2012 at 12:22PM in Freebies (no spend required)
Free Mills & Boon @ WHsmiths:

http://www.whsmith.co.uk/CatalogAndSearch/PromotionLanding.aspx?promotionID=freemillsandboonebooks

Official MoneySavingExpert.com Insert:

WHSmith has a large selection of free ebooks, most of which it says are permanently free. In the case of the free Mills and Boon ebooks, it says most of these are free until 31 October 2012. They're available to read on e-readers and on computers. Check out our Cheap e-book reader guide.

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Comments

• lolly5648
    lolly5648 Posts: 2,257 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Thanks for this - it is good to get details of free books that aren't just for Kindle. I have a Sony ereader
  • Hmm_2
    Hmm_2 Posts: 81 Forumite
    Last week I came across some free Amazon ebooks on this site and it has details of how to download an application on Amazon that allows you to read Kindle ebooks on your PC :)

savelivelove.com/free-ebooks/
  • janineo
    janineo Posts: 56 Forumite
    It's possible to put kindle books on your Sony eReader, it just isn't quite legal.

It's a similar argument to the ripping CDs to MP3s though - you've paid for the item, why can't you change the format to suit your gadgets?

If you can get the Kindle books into .mobi format then freeware 'calibre' can convert them into ePub, which the Sony reader understands.

Google is your friend here.
  • lolly5648
    lolly5648 Posts: 2,257 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    janineo wrote: »
    It's possible to put kindle books on your Sony eReader, it just isn't quite legal.

It's a similar argument to the ripping CDs to MP3s though - you've paid for the item, why can't you change the format to suit your gadgets?

If you can get the Kindle books into .mobi format then freeware 'calibre' can convert them into ePub, which the Sony reader understands.

Google is your friend here.

I tried this about a year ago but I couldn't make it work. Not sure what I was doing wrong but I might give it another go. My husband has paid for Kindle books and I don't see the difference between putting it on my ereader as well or sharing the kindle. Thanks for reminding me.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure