Dgs/rpp Dd ??

Comments

• I found this and was a bit confused. I got in touch with the company at 44 (0)208 946 7777 and found that actually, although I had discussed taking out the policy (to repair my washing machine) I had actually not agreed to take it out. This was all in their records, but they had still taken three DD payments from my account when I noticed. It took about three phone calls to get it all sorted and the money refunded, but they never made any fuss about it.
  • Excellent that answers that puzzle. I've been helping my parents, and could not make out what DGS DD was, all is clear now. Insurance on the freezer, and probably the washing machine.:T
  • Poet_2
    Poet_2 Posts: 258 Forumite
    i have one and i think it's for my freeview/top up TV
  • I've just noticed a Direct Debit coming out of my bank labelled DGS/RPP DD. After speaking to DGS it turns out this was for a Washing Machine I bought several years ago.

I'd never agreed to extended warranty every. Each year DGS had sent me a letter asking whether I wanted to extend my warranty on the product. It never stated that they were already providing such, and debiting my account. To the contrary it implied this was optional; certainly stating I had to reply to get such extended warranty.

IMHO: They deliberately mislead.
  • pmdpmd
    pmdpmd Posts: 10 Forumite
    Thank you for the above posters who solved this one for me too. Having spoken to them on the phone I suspect it is a part of their business model to have an obscure entry on people's bank statements so that they have difficulty tracking them down.

In my case it was for a boiler warranty I took out a year ago - it was a "free" warranty if I got their engineer to fix the faulty boiler. It was in a flat I rent out. They sent all the paperwork to the flat where it was probably disposed of by the tenant. It took me an age and was like drawing teeth at the time to get a replacement warranty document sent to my house.

Now it seems they never updated the address and sent the renewal documents to the flat too, hence by the time I got them and immediately canceled, it was already past the deadline.

The lady on the phone just now said she would "ask them for a refund", and when I asked her to tell me exactly what she meant by "ask them" she just repeated it, said goodbye and hung up the phone!

Thats customer service for you!
  • lydias
    lydias Posts: 995 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    OO I have one of these and it's for my washing machine I think/hope which has just broken!

Now to ring them and see

A huge thank you to all who post the comps and deals that make life so much fun!
  • DocProc
    DocProc Posts: 855 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 22 July 2009 at 2:43PM
    Ha ha ha! :)

I see 3,700 other people have Googled for this as 'dsg rpp dd' is a default search on Google.

In my case, it's the monthly Insurance Premium for our Electrolux Washer Dryer. It blew a control box at about 17 months old.

We thought we had a good local repair man and so had no need to have insurance but when we rang him, he said, "I don't do Electrolux now."

Aaargh!

We rang Electrolux and they still took it on, even though it was broken, and still insured it! Amazing! A new controller card would have cost about £130, plus £50 minimum for the man to fit it, so it was a good deal at a mere £13.25 per month for 12 months, reducing to about £7.50 for the second year.

DSG - Domestic and General Services
    RPP - Regular Payment Plan
    DD - Direct Debit.

Now we know, eh? :)
  • nikshah wrote: »
    I found this and was a bit confused. I got in touch with the company at 44 (0)208 946 7777 and found that actually, although I had discussed taking out the policy (to repair my washing machine) I had actually not agreed to take it out. This was all in their records, but they had still taken three DD payments from my account when I noticed. It took about three phone calls to get it all sorted and the money refunded, but they never made any fuss about it.

The number I had for Domestic and General is 08444 810 500 . I was also puzzled about this direct debit...I have no excuse..it is for my washing machine insurance.
    January 1st 2013 starting weight 123 kg
    August 1st 2013 weight 110kg
    Total weight loss 13kg
    Goal weight 100kg by December 31st 2013
  • The number I had for Domestic and General is 08444 810 500 . I was also puzzled about this direct debit...I have no excuse..it is for my washing machine insurance.

Just an update with some good news.

Domestic and general have refunded all my payments in full to my credit card account :beer:
    January 1st 2013 starting weight 123 kg
    August 1st 2013 weight 110kg
    Total weight loss 13kg
    Goal weight 100kg by December 31st 2013
  • Hi Caroline,

This one threw me for a few minutes as well but I finally figured out it's an insurance I took out on our oven with Domestic & General Services. Very helpful of them to post it like that, without warning!

Brian
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport