PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

October 2008 Grocery Challenge. Please read first two posts.

Comments

• hamish222
    hamish222 Posts: 716 Forumite
    Spent 9.13 today in Morrisons, mostly on cat food though so unavoidable spends really. Now nightshift for 7 nights so will be not much spending for a week except bread / milk etc. Have plenty in freezer.
    Yearly Grocery Budget - £100.77/ £3500. January Treats Budget - £11.80 / £100.
  • MRSMCAWBER
    MRSMCAWBER Posts: 5,442 Forumite
    Shelovestobuystuff

Mum got a chicken in Asda today for £2 (on special not a whoopsy)..1300gs I think... so not a biggie but should still be plenty on it ;) ..thats the size i get out here for €2 and this week it did roast dinner for 2 -twice, and has just made a big pasta bake with some left to make chicken n sweetcorn soup :D
    hope that helps ;)
    Still on the NSDs here:T

Orkney..thats what im doing -refusing to go out in the nasty weather and spending money for the sake of it..im spending my time curled up on the sofa with my newly aquired skill of crochetting lol... much chepaer and less hassel

Katie.. its a No Spend Day
    -6 -8 -3 -1.5 -2.5 -3 -1.5-3.5
  • katiejones
    katiejones Posts: 696 Forumite
    errm sorry to ask but what is NSD ??
    Wins in 2013 - Jan - Heinz No Noise Ketchup.
  • kazmeister
    kazmeister Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Hi

Although I dont wander over here as far as I'm concerned it not official unless I post so

please put me down for the Oct challenge at £300
    Mortgage, we're getting there with the end in sight £6587 07/23, otherwise free of the debt thanks to MSE help!
  • imcognito
    imcognito Posts: 195 Forumite
    I hope I am posting this on the right board.

Hubbie and I are in serious debt and I need to get some of our costs down.

The biggest cost being Groceries!! I need LOTS of help here...

There is me , DH, 2 boys aged 2 and 3 and I am pregnant with no 3.

If when I shop online (tesco) I can usually get weekly shopping for about £80 (used to be £50 before costs went up) but god forbid I go into my local supermarket (Sainsburys) and I can come away having spent £125-£150!!OMG Not good..

This week I went to Morrissons and despite buying LOADS of value stuff it was still £80.

Youngest is still in nappies full time and eldest is in pull ups at night.

I try and menu plan most of the time so I find internet shopping better otherwise I pick up unneccecary rubbish!

So I need to get it down to MAX of £250 a month! Can you help me?? I have seen threads on here where people are spending £20 a week and tihngs and I am like WOW how do they do it so I really hope you can help me!!

What do you need from me? My Menus? What other things I buy? Or can you just give me tips :D

Thanks guys

Imcognito x
    BSC Member 207 :beer:
    Mummy to 3 Wonderful Children 2 Boys and a Princess
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    have u looked at the grocery challenge ? its very helpful and has wicked recipes
    onwards and upwards
  • MRSMCAWBER
    MRSMCAWBER Posts: 5,442 Forumite
    Hi incognito

If you look at the top of the OS board you will see the October grocery challenge..
    You will get loads of hints, tips n recipes on there .....

ok tessie bear -great minds and all that lol
    -6 -8 -3 -1.5 -2.5 -3 -1.5-3.5
  • Get yourself onto the Grocery Challenge ;)This month's is here :D Loads of help and support on how to manage your budget.

I'll add this thread to that one later.

Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • Good morning all
    Yesterday was another NSD for me. Just logging in here each day has really raised awareness of budgeting, and is helping me achieve my goals. We are coping well on a budget of $3 per day - I guess thats around a pound, something I would never have thought possible before. Thanks so much for all the useful tips.
  • mumzyof2
    mumzyof2 Posts: 3,343 Forumite
    Hi all I have spent £2.39 and thankyou egon for the recipes x

I have decided im not going to be adding eating out to this challenge.
    Sealed Pot dec 08 - dec 09 so far £27.67, Live off £4k Spent £330.20 GC £1,200 for 2009 Spent £50.78 PaD so far £650.07
    Debts: L/woods £154.00 C/One PAID O/D £649.90 Next £299.95 O/D PAID Gas £72.60 Electric £155.73 Mum £640.00 Orange £490.32
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure