Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Comments

• I am still waiting on a decision to see if My husband and I will be accepted on a mortgage. All requested documents have been sent as requested and the credit checks have been done on the 9/02 - Does anyone know how long it usually takes (Nationwide).

I went through a Financial Advisor!
  • 10/12/14 - DIP with Nationwide - "Accept"
    12/02/15 - Application submitted to broker
    13/02/15 - Full application submitted to Nationwide - "Accept"
    16/02/15 - Valuation booked

FTB
    LTV: 79.36%
  • Is it a good sign if they have booked the valuation?

Our valuation has been booked for Thursday.

Keep going, you will get there!

• gam3r
    gam3r Posts: 213 Forumite
    6/2: Mortgage application submitted to Clydesdale through L&C, Credit check passed
    6/2: Requested additional documents
    10/2: Submitted additional documents
    13/2: Valuation booked for 17/2
    16/2: Case agreed subject to valuation
    17/2: Valuation

Valuation today. Don't yet know the outcome.
    BTL, 70% LTV, Property Price: £289,000
  • gam3r
    gam3r Posts: 213 Forumite
    Kevvlar wrote: »
    Is it a good sign if they have booked the valuation?

Our valuation has been booked for Thursday.

Depends entirely on the mortgage provider.
    Some do a valuation upfront and then sent all the details to the underwriter.
    Some send all the details to the underwriter first and then get approval to go ahead with a valuation on the premise that the case looks ok.
  • gam3r wrote: »
    Depends entirely on the mortgage provider.
    Some do a valuation upfront and then sent all the details to the underwriter.
    Some send all the details to the underwriter first and then get approval to go ahead with a valuation on the premise that the case looks ok.

Thanks

Its Nationwide, it was with the UWs last week but no further info.

Keep going, you will get there!

• We are waiting for our mortgage decision.

5th Feb - DIP nationwide received for 155k
    6th Feb - lost out on property due to a higher offer
    16th Feb - Offer accepted on new property
    17th Feb - Full mortgage application completed for 174k

Our broker has spoken to nationwide about us increasing the mortgage and apparently there are no concerns with affordability however I am still apprehensive as we do not have a DIP for the higher about of 174k.

Today has been a really expensive day as we have had to pay the broker fee, valuation fee and money on account to the solicitor for the sale of our home..... total of £800 spent :-(

I really do help this all goes through smoothly....How long is everyone else finding the nationwide take to conduct the survey?
  • Are searches required back from the solicitor before a mortgage offer can be issued? We're due a valuation tomorrow and the application is all approved (just the valuation to go).
    Our solicitor is still awaiting draft contract, so searches haven't been requested.

I think it's all separate but wanted to check.
  • littlelost wrote: »
    We are waiting for our mortgage decision.

5th Feb - DIP nationwide received for 155k
    6th Feb - lost out on property due to a higher offer
    16th Feb - Offer accepted on new property
    17th Feb - Full mortgage application completed for 174k

Our broker has spoken to nationwide about us increasing the mortgage and apparently there are no concerns with affordability however I am still apprehensive as we do not have a DIP for the higher about of 174k.

Today has been a really expensive day as we have had to pay the broker fee, valuation fee and money on account to the solicitor for the sale of our home..... total of £800 spent :-(

I really do help this all goes through smoothly....How long is everyone else finding the nationwide take to conduct the survey?

Nationwide has arranged a valuation within 2 working days for us.
  • Are searches required back from the solicitor before a mortgage offer can be issued? We're due a valuation tomorrow and the application is all approved (just the valuation to go).
    Our solicitor is still awaiting draft contract, so searches haven't been requested.

I think it's all separate but wanted to check.

As far as I am aware they wouldn't need searches to be back for mortgage approval. But I am a FTB myself, may be someone else could confirm.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback