Facebook

Options

Comments

• abby39
    abby39 Posts: 65 Forumite
    Options
    well ive just received an email back from them. Rather stupid really. They have said sorry and i shouldnt have anymore problems yet still have no access to my account so have had to reply extrememly rudely tbh and state im a real bloody person and if i have to wait 30 days jog on i dont want the account. So fed up of signing in and out every half hour what exactly do they need to know now
  • pompeypaul25
    Options
    razy36 wrote: »
    Just wish there was somewhere else that all us compers could go and comp without any of this hassle and then that would cut down fb by thousands and I wonder if they would like that not having the same volume of people and not looking as popular anymore.

razy36 I do sympathise as I had a 30 day ban during the advents as well :(
    And it is so frustrating having no way of communicating with facebook.

I think twitter comps may be gaining ground? I posted a comp that ended last week, two entry routes posted separately one FB L&S and one Twitter RT same company, same prize. The FB post got 470 views the Twitter one 657 and a similar difference in the number of thanks on the posts.
    Even if you end up in 'Twitter Jail' it's for a couple of hours not 30 days FGS !!
  • vwcampervan72
    vwcampervan72 Posts: 4,492 Forumite
    Options
    Problem is f/b dont get paid via l&s comps, this is why they want to start charging companies on f/b for their pages
  • zer01
    zer01 Posts: 480 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 12 March 2013 at 9:30PM
    Options
    Problem is f/b dont get paid via l&s comps, this is why they want to start charging companies on f/b for their pages

Couldn't have put it better myself. You hit the nail on the head. They have to start making money for the shareholders now :mad:

And instead of targeting the companies that are putting the competitions on (because they arent going to ban the very people that they are going to charge for advertising) they are targeting the users who promote the companies via the free Like and Share method. So once we are taken out of the equation, the companies will have no alternative but to pay Facebook to advertise in a similar manner.
    MSE Comping Since August 2011
  • tinktinktinkerbell
    Options
    well thats me gone a second time

how is my account not real when im using my real name *roll eyes*
  • zombieslayer25
    Options
    I never do L&S comps on FB so I really dont think its that is it? Though maybe a few App comps share for you.
    Current Aims: Laptop/PC, decent money, holiday
    Best Wins: Ipad, Nintendo 3DS, £400 Shopping Spree at LK Bennett, £100 Boots vouchers
    Total Wins (Since April 2012) £3442.56
    Big thanks to all who post comps :T:beer:
  • BlueBella
    BlueBella Posts: 10,371 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I've just been banned from commenting, liking, sending messages....I do have access to my account so I am just going to stay put and hope that in a few days, whatever has happened with Facebook corrects itself and I can use my account again. I am not going to bother opening up another one just to have that one closed down too - which is what seems to be happening. Hopefully if this gets into the press and Facebook get lots of stick, they might back off and write off all our bans! (fingers crossed!)
    :TA big thanks to all who post and sprinkling lucky dust to all who enter :smileyhea
  • BlueBella
    BlueBella Posts: 10,371 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Just looked at my newsfeed and it is all jumbled up with posts from friends from weeks ago! Facebook has gone haywire! What a load of crap!
    :TA big thanks to all who post and sprinkling lucky dust to all who enter :smileyhea
  • dontknow1
    dontknow1 Posts: 1,166 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I rarely do fb comps and rarely do Like and share...have avoided commenting all day and avoided sharing anything yet have in quick succession had the captcha and mobile....pretty sure the 30 day ban is next...maybe they just want to remove those of us that use it every day. I think they miss the point that there are alternative social media sites that don't treat their users like dirt....
    Thank you to all the posters and the forum guides for all your hard work it is appreciated ...

Jan starting off as the year will pan out ...nothing lol
  • Alison18
    Alison18 Posts: 5,001 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I know it was discussed yesterday about having MSE in the name, has anyone been banned that has never had MSE in their name? Mine had MSE in my name when I first started then I took that bit out. It cant be the living and sharing some of my friends are at it and their still going strong :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure