Survey Stashing: GlobalTestMarket hints & tips

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I've been paid at least 10 times by Globaltestmarket, perhaps you broke some of their terms and conditions.
  • Blackpepper1
    Blackpepper1 Posts: 655 Forumite
    Options
    I have just recently joined Globaltestmarket. They seem to have redone their site now they have lots of rewards available and now you can get paid by Paypal. I am including the points needed below for anyone new to see quickly what is need for Paypal Payment:
    182 Market Points = £5
    363 Market Points =£10
    544 Market Points = £15
    725 Market Points = £20
    906 Market Points = £25
    1087 Market Points= £30
    1268 Market Points=£35
    1449 Market Points =£40
    Blogging and earning online.
  • nshackle
    nshackle Posts: 42 Forumite
    Options
    I have just recently joined Globaltestmarket. They seem to have redone their site now they have lots of rewards available and now you can get paid by Paypal. I am including the points needed below for anyone new to see quickly what is need for Paypal Payment:
    182 Market Points = £5
    363 Market Points =£10
    544 Market Points = £15
    725 Market Points = £20
    906 Market Points = £25
    1087 Market Points= £30
    1268 Market Points=£35
    1449 Market Points =£40

The above is correct, but the caveat is that you must hit the minimum threshold of 1000 points to cash out. For example after earning 182 points you can't cash out to claim £5, but after hitting 1000 points you could partially cash out i.e.182 points to claim £5.

I usually wait until I have 1087 points and cash out for the £30 PayPal payment.
  • LarLar
    LarLar Posts: 212 Forumite
    Options
    How long does paypal payments take to go through? :) i requested my first £30 tonight. :)
    Goals (Christmas 2014 Journey Started 29th June 2014)
    Savings - £170 - £1,000 by 31/07/14
    Debt - £1,400 - £1,784 by 1/01/14
    Swag - 0,764/4,949sb 0/4 by 25/12/14 Freebies 0/100
    Online Earnings - £0.00 /£100 Vouchers - £0/£100
  • nshackle
    nshackle Posts: 42 Forumite
    Options
    LarLar wrote: »
    How long does paypal payments take to go through? :) i requested my first £30 tonight. :)

It seems to vary a bit depending on when you request it, but the last one I requested took just over a week.
  • System
    Options
    Mine was 9 days this time, longest ever. Almost at cash out again!
  • Blackpepper1
    Blackpepper1 Posts: 655 Forumite
    Options
    nshackle wrote: »
    The above is correct, but the caveat is that you must hit the minimum threshold of 1000 points to cash out. For example after earning 182 points you can't cash out to claim £5, but after hitting 1000 points you could partially cash out i.e.182 points to claim £5.

I usually wait until I have 1087 points and cash out for the £30 PayPal payment.

Thanks for the clarification. It is extremely confusing/misleading when it shows the redeem button for Paypal for the various Paypal Rewards as though you can cash out at those amounts. It is only when you look at the FAQ does it say you need 1000 minimum market points to cash out.
    A good survey site so far I really like it and a few surveys are coming through.
    200 points so far in a couple of weeks so not too bad earning wise.
    Will do as you do get to the 1087 then cashout £30.
    Blogging and earning online.
  • h15t0r1an
    Options
    Started with Global Test Markets nearly two months ago. I am not screened out too much. HOWEVER there is one big issue, that I've also seen reported on other survey sites. Many times with Globaltestmarket, I've had to fill out screen after screen of multipart questions, which are not just filter-type answers being sought, but actual data. Then after typically 6 or 8 screens, suddenly I'm screened out after I've given a lot of useful data. Are some surveys even pushing it so that you give them 19 screens worth of answers, then they say the actual survey is only the 20th question, however you are miraculously screened out after giving them 19 questions worth of data free. So they don;t pay you. What a con.

I have no problem getting screened out per se, I just resent giving them lots of free data that has a value far beyond filtering, free which is what is happening at the moment. Some even screen you out, then say "click to enter your data". h*** no.

I've reported this several times to globaltestmarket but they are giving me canned responses. So I'd like to know via the forum, how widespread is this ripoff practice. I'd love for the survey companies to sort out partial payments where people clearly give a lot of data then get screened out because value is given but not paid for.

Are people finding this exploitation on other survey sites?
  • cally6008
    cally6008 Posts: 7,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    you screen out and get given 10 draw entries
    that is your payment
  • System
    Options
    I rarely get screened out on Globaltestmarket, so perhaps you've just not been in their demographic frequently.

If you ensure all of your information is up to date on the profiles on their website this should help to cut it down, also, be sure that your information is all factual so as to be targeted to the most relevant surveys.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure