NST Super September Scrimping challenge

Comments

• Evening everyone :hello:
    Today went more or less as expected. Back to school - no kids until tomorrow. I felt like I should have been doing more but I think I'm pretty much on track to start teaching. New timetable starts tomorrow.
    Managed a nsd - hooray! But have come home with a bit of a headache so I think I'll be in bed early tonight.
    Thanks for the motivating Thrify - I kind of needed it. Much as I love my new sofa and it was a bargain, and I needed it - the guilt is immense.
  • Daily check in 4/30. SFD 3/18. Lunch to work 2/21.
    Time for self - stayed at chub club for pep talk. No exercise.
    Sticking to meal plan with no additional top up shops. No heating on.

This thread moves so fast I can barely keep up. Abundant, you've had a terrible time and I hope things get better soon.

Gratitudes
    STS at chub club
    Quiet day at work
    Turtles
    MFIT -T5 #42
  • Thanks all for the hugs - they're much appreciated!!! I'll keep you posted and will look forward to getting back into the fold asap x
    DFD = August 2027 @ £250/month
    Follow your heart & be true to yourself always
    My life is full of abundance and prosperity
    NST Feb: Food & Spends = £216.51 / £290.00 NSD = 1 /15
    Be kind - Eat well - Exercise - Be mindful
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hugs Abundant, thinking of you and hope you have lovely people to support you in person as well as on here :)
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    SFD number 3 today :)

Back at school and had a day of dizzy spells so didn't go to exercise class (therefore keeping my SFD) and had some me time watching Strike that I had recorded.
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Hugs abundant and welcome home. SFD #2 for me. Bit of shopping done for mum and a couple of ys things for me (got mum ys bread and watermelon). Quick library trip to pick up a couple of books with the required format in - it's a pity but I will have to do several years accounts to produce the one they need as this format requires some items to be carried forward from year to year (will be interesting to see if I end up better off or worse). Most likely no difference as I suspect the carried forward items will fall by the wayside.

Also picked up a couple of books to help with my depression - really need to sit down and think about what I should be eating and make a proper list. I have fallen into the habit of buying odd bits for me, alongside shopping for mum and I am eating at hers quite a lot. Couldn't find my vitamin D tablets at weekend and it was immediately obvious how much difference they make, even if it's only being able to stay awake.

Only just back from 9 hours at mum's, most of it spent going through her recipe collection. Some still to do but she had an old diary and another book for putting recipes in (plus used a cupcake book which had lots of pictures) so have managed to get the majority of th loose ones fastened down (and thrown away a small washing up bowl full).

Started with a cupboard full (down from about 2 and a half last time I went through) and will probably have halved it again when they go back. She is already planning what 'we' will do for the church Christmas Fair - I keep reminding her that I am not a fully staffed bakery and production needs to be planned accordingly.

Today I am grateful for lovely weather this afternoon and some rain to cool things down this evening, for watching the moths flying round the spotlights on the sports field, for a lovely chat with the little girl in the taxi office - daughter of one of the workers, she came over to me and climbed up on the bench beside me, we admired one another's footwear then chatted happily until my taxi came.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • Hey everyone

NSD number 2 for me. Might not get away with one tomorrow though I need some cotton makeup pads as I've ran out.

Mum came over tonight - tried my wedding dress on with new bra I brought - it fits perfectly and It won't need alterations (we think the women at the shop purposely tied it loose when we collected it to try and show how alterations were needed as it was an extra £250). Well, that's £250 saved as it fits fine :) Mum also gave me the rest of the money she owed which was great as the wedding fund will look a lot healthier when it's deposited.

I had a long day at work- the day over-ran by 30 minutes but I'm trying to build up my flexi time so I suppose it all helps!

I also hit 10,000 steps today! So feeling positive on the exercise front today
    February Grocery Budget: £190.75/£350.00
    NST no. NSD 4/15
  • bizzie
    bizzie Posts: 277 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Checking in #4/30 and NSD #3/18.
    Last minute back to school bits, checking no last minute growth spurts. Fortunately all ok as certainly didn't feel up to joining the queues coming out the door of the local uniform & shoe shops.
    Tomorrow looks like a food shop as running low on essentials but will go with a thought out list to get us to the weekend.
    Groceries: Personal Spend: 0 NST NSD Goals for 2024:Self: Health: Wealth :
  • ooitsme
    ooitsme Posts: 62 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    First check in! NSD for me and noted in diary! Stick take of fridge/freezer fine and I'm hoping for a good month as I am stocked to the rafters! Mostly because I dropped on a huge amount of drastically reduced (co op) meat a while ago and it's taking a while!

Mini progress yesterday - thought I would call off and buy some gnocchi for tea, then remembered that I had flour and potatoes at home so I could make them instead!

Also logging exercise, first day back at college for my boy (and first week of £16.50 per week bus fares ��) so off to the gym for me (I am keeping my gym - its £16.99 a month, I work alone, I'm a single parent so the gym is the only place I interact with actual people!)

Have a good day people!
    DFW Progress 29/12/17
    CC1 - £1500. CC2 - £750
    CC3 - £200. CC4 - £200
    PD - £347
    M/C1 - M/C2 -
    Student loan - £3350
  • Good morning,

oh the NSDs are coming in now. Number 4 here today too.

ooitsme of course it's ok to keep the gym if you actually use it, which you do. Same here, I use it as me time where I can do as I like (not being told what to do when by either boss or kids ;) ). Oh and there is sth else I always wanted to try - gnocchi.

Lauralozzle cheeky shop attendant, you'd think they make enough money judging by the price of wedding dresses. Plus how can they even think of charging £250 for alterations. Glad you saw through that.
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure