I've quit everything. Now what ?

Comments

• another_casualty
    another_casualty Posts: 6,506 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    dreaming wrote: »
    Are these colours your choice, or did you leave it up to the fitter? Even so, it doesn't matter if other people like it or not - your opinion is the only one that matters.

I'm sort of with you and LL (welcome back by the way) on tipping. I would probably have tipped the delivery guys as they waited for you to turn up, but not sure about tipping tradespeople. I assume they have charged a fair price (to both sides) in the first place but I do tend to offer plenty of tea/coffee/biscuits (you probably should have bought a cheap kettle and a couple of mugs). Again - as long as you are happy then it's nobody elses's business.
    Only a few more days now. If it were me I would be sleeping there as soon as possible and getting my stuff arranged but then I'm a bit more excitable than you I think. I can't wait and it's not even my place. By the way - we expect to see the photos (well, I do anyway).
    Right, political interview is on tv so I had better go and see what they are promising me today.

Yes, they are definitely my colours of choice ;)
    Glad that you are waiting in anticipation . I think my emotions are not fully excitable at the moment , due to two things : first of all, I'm probably feeling 'weird', because it's dawnng on me now that this is it
    A numb feeling of sorts.
    Then of course, I'm drained at the moment . Yedterday, getting up early giving a 3rd and 4th coat of paint in the flat and then taking up the old carpet . Then after all that , the waiting and uncertainty of how everything was gonna pan out today.
    James is there tomorrow . Thursday is when my furniture arrives(except the recliner). When the blinds are up, is when it will feel complete .
  • another_casualty
    Had a text a short while ago from James . He asked me to postpone today , as his youngest was up all night with a bug.
    No problem. Feeling rough.
    Woke up around 4.50 am, but managed to have an extra hour after that. Then put on the radio and was listening about the tragedy of last night in Manchester . My heart goes out to all .
  • Feeling rough all day . I wasn't going to, but ended up in my fave cafe in Poole. Good move. I only go once/ twice a week at best.
    Went into m&s. Nothing in there that fits. Most of the stuff is for women anyway. Selection is dire.
    Went to nationwide informing them of my new adddress.
    Went to dyass to pick up broom etc
    Baby bawling on bus. Left my headphones at home. Won't do that again.

I'm constantly looking for storage solutions. Shoe cupboard, or rack.
    Where will I put my vacuum( other than there)?
    Saw something on eBay for storing broom .
    Very close and humid today . Glad I'm not in London wearing a blue suit today .still, gym within the next two weeks.
    The breeze is blowing now, while I'm sitting on the balcony.
    I will miss this
  • Grumpelstiltskin
    Grumpelstiltskin Posts: 4,240 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    AC Shoe storage I have this one.

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/4237312
    If you go down to the woods today you better not go alone.
  • another_casualty
    AC Shoe storage I have this one.

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/4237312

Thanks for that :)
    I'll,keep that in mind
  • dreaming
    dreaming Posts: 1,139 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    How many pairs of shoes do you have AC? Mine go in a basket under the bed (have Victorian style brass bed so plenty of room). Have just bought a new pair for summer today, and a couple of tee-shirts, then when I went back to the car someone had stolen the rear wiper blade and left the mechanism pulled out. Another £11 for that so a bit cross - wiped out the savings I had made on the clothing. (grrr!)
    I would wait until you are in before you buy too much more storage as you might find it fits better than you think, or you might need twice as much as you think.
  • anna_1977
    anna_1977 Posts: 862 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I agree with dreaming wait until you're in.

Do you know have a 'gap' anywhere in the kitchen to store the broom, I've never thought of buying something to store one, I'm sure there's a space somewhere it would slot?

If you really feel you need shoe storage once you're in ikea do some good wall cupboards that look fine in hallways (if wide enough).
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Another one saying hang fire on the storage for now. Wait until you've moved in and have unpacked. You will probably find that you will be "weeding out" again so I would just wait and see for now.

Long live baskets.......they are sooooo useful.:rotfl:

Went to Aldi this morning and did a huge shop - all healthy stuff, no crap. I mean business. Want to lose 3 stone by Christmas. :eek:

Bought loads of healthy f&v, some red wine......good for the heart, a bunch of long stemmed roses .........good for the soul, ;) and some Fuschias for the garden. Just because.

Am currently sat out in the garden, looking at the weeds and decided whether or not to have a session or leave it till tomorrow.

Mañana - maybe.

Going to light the chimenea tonight and burn some papers. I love sitting out on a balmy summers evening, watching the flames and "just chillin". Wine is usually Involved.

Just dreadful about Manchester......all those poor young people .........their lives hadn't even begun.........:mad:
  • another_casualty
    Thanks folks:)

Dreaming, sorry to hear about your wiper blade .
    The shoe situation : no, I'm not like the woman with shoes shoes shoes. I have about 4 pairs . The reason that is , is because most were part of the uniform I had to wear .
    Reason I want a shoe rack is twofold : tidynesd obviously and of course to save my new carpet with guests and myself .

The storage is limited / non existent . There isn't even an airing cupboard. There is a cupboard where the boiler used to be.
    When James makes the shelves, I will put some of my plastic crates
    ( not the big ones obviously ) in there and store towels etc.

Speaking of the boiler: normally I find that you have the boiler in the kitchen, and the timer is in th airing cupboard. I assume the timer must be on the boiler . If not , then I don't know the next step.

As I said earlier , today was a heavy day for me . However, I decided not to mope, and to actually do something useful.
    So, I got rid of a shed load of paperwork and it filled up 1 black bin liner. The rest, or 99% is in a shoebox .

I then phoned Vanquis credit card, and told them of my new address.
    Nice guy I was speaking to. He did ask me for a work no. and read out the one I used to have . He didn't ask any questions when I said I don't have a work no. Why have I still got this credit card ?
    One reason : if I buy things online, I want to be more secure and do not want my bank details online. I did buy a couple of guitar bits a few months back from GAK. I notice they have my bank card there.
    I have to buy a storage case for my 5 regular size basses and will pay buy Vanquis and remove my other card.
    I removed my bank card from iTunes and amazon .

This leads to ..my dmp.
    I'm just about to retrieve my details on payplan website . I will also look at the correspondence a few months ago regarding my offers and I will either contact them later on today or tomorrow morning by phone.

Between now and Friday,I will tidy up.this flat and wash my clothes etc. One thing annoyed me: the mattress protector and bedsheets shrunk when I tumble dryed them . So much for trying to do the right thing!

So , I'm off to payplan and then my new home to tidy up the fluff from the communal area. Hopefully nothing is said :)
  • anna_1977
    anna_1977 Posts: 862 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hey,
    AC, the matress protector will shrink (instructions probably say not to tumble) , sheets shouldn't if they are cotton, check the instructions and take them back if it says dryer safe.

I hope you have some sort of a door mat? when we had our carpet fitted Iasked for an off cut for the front door and one for the top of the stairs for the dog (to protect the nice new carpet).

I really think you should be emailing/writing to your creditors NOT phoning
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport