Anyone have photos of their Metro Bank debit card?

Comments

• MoneySaverLog
    MoneySaverLog Posts: 3,232 Forumite
    Shocking so there is a market for these black premier cards then to show off. Gosh my nice green lloyds tsb debit card works just as well and it's free!!!!

The marketing experts must have hit a real niche here to get money out of people.
  • Stompa
    Stompa Posts: 8,348
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Jew wrote: »
    Impressions matter, and if you take out a bank card that looks like crap - you'll also look like crap in front of your clients, investors, employees, employer, etc.
    You are joking, aren't you?
    Stompa
  • Lith
    Lith Posts: 897
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Stompa wrote: »
    You are joking, aren't you?

lol

Jew wrote: »
    Impressions matter, and if you take out a bank card that looks like crap - you'll also look like crap in front of your clients, investors, employees, employer, etc.

But more importantly, I believe in good design.

oh man this is GOLD, who do you think you are? a millionaire or someone with flash ? maybe you need to contact your bank and request a diamond edge cut debit card with glass corners and gold numbers embossed on it.

(you believe in good design... fair enough but don't be a fuss pot) a cards a card at the end of the day.

ok? :T post a pic for us when you get it.
    HSBC (Main A/C)
    Halifax Back up A/C
    Lloyds (Spending) A/C
    RBS Back up A/C
    Barclays Old A/C
    Nationwide Old A/C
  • olly300
    olly300 Posts: 14,736
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    The advantage of the colours of the Metro bank card means it's easier for me to find it in my purse.

All my other cards are silver or a very similar shade of blue.
    I'm not cynical I'm realistic :p

(If a link I give opens pop ups I won't know I don't use windows)
  • To throw my 2p into the ring, IMO you can judge people based on the card they pull out of their wallet:

Halifax Electron - my credit is awful, the staff in cash converters know me by name
    Lloyds TSB Premier (Black) - i'm gullible and got screwed over in an "account review"
    Metro Bank - i'm up for trying new things but don't ask much
    First Direct - i want the world on a stick but think of myself as down to earth
    Natwest - i banked with them, my dad banked with them, his dad banked with them...
    anything coloured gold - i'm a douchebag
    Gold Debenhams storecard - i'm a (probably female) douchebag who has nothing better to do than spend my husband's paychecks on gaudy junk (except when i'm buying more gaudy junk on bid tv) and i like having my ego massaged by being called a "valued customer" every 3 seconds
    Cater Allen debit card - i'm too posh to bank with Santander, but, oh wait. crap.
    any prepaid card - bread/cashplus etc - even Halifax won't give me an Electron card
    American Express charge card - i'm a stupid masochist. i like paying £100+ a year for a card, but don't know why i do it.
    Vanquis - i did something stupid before but i'm trying to make up for it now.
    Argos store card - i'm doing something stupid now, which i'll be paying for later - probably with my kidneys.
    Barclaycard with "Founder Member" under the name - i used to be with Egg/Marbles/MSDW and life was peachy, now BC have taken over the account and while i smile on the outside, the fact has filled me with rage on the inside. If you refer to me as a "barclaycard customer" i will rip your arms off.
    One Account debit card - i own a lava lamp. and stripey slippers. and i point at people, walk away from them, and shout "let's do lunch!" over my shoulder.
    ThinkBanking card - every day i'm deluding myself into thinking i have a real bank account, and i hit myself over the head with a brick to try and erase the part of my memory that says i'm actually stumping up £14.50 a month for something the majority of the population is getting for free. i probably did something really bad in a previous life.
    Coutts card - i own 9 houses. and a boat. with a house in it. and i'm still really tight.
    Amex Blue Sky - i'm superficial. i applied for it because it's seethrough, and can't bear to let it go.
    Capital One card with the photo of the "cute pig" or "cute puppy" - i'm a jeremy kyle reject. i'm probably in my mid-40s, wearing a pink velour tracksuit.
    any card with a custom picture of one's kids - my kids are better than your kids. look at them. LOOK AT THEM!!! i also clean my kitchen worktops 7 times a day, and subscribe to good housekeeping. not because i read it, just because i want you to see it on the coffee table.

:)
  • heloid
    heloid Posts: 472 Forumite
    MetroBank credit card is silver and looks similar to the HSBC debit card. It's not bad, shame the debit card isn't similar.
  • piglet39
    piglet39 Posts: 301 Forumite

Halifax Electron - my credit is awful, the staff in cash converters know me by name
    Lloyds TSB Premier (Black) - i'm gullible and got screwed over in an "account review"
    Natwest - i banked with them, my dad banked with them, his dad banked with them...
    Gold Debenhams storecard - i'm a (probably female) douchebag who has nothing better to do than spend my husband's paychecks on gaudy junk (except when i'm buying more gaudy junk on bid tv) and i like having my ego massaged by being called a "valued customer" every 3 seconds
    Cater Allen debit card - i'm too posh to bank with Santander, but, oh wait. crap.
    any prepaid card - bread/cashplus etc - even Halifax won't give me an Electron card
    American Express charge card - i'm a stupid masochist. i like paying £100+ a year for a card, but don't know why i do it.
    Argos store card - i'm doing something stupid now, which i'll be paying for later - probably with my kidneys.
    Barclaycard with "Founder Member" under the name - i used to be with Egg/Marbles/MSDW and life was peachy, now BC have taken over the account and while i smile on the outside, the fact has filled me with rage on the inside. If you refer to me as a "barclaycard customer" i will rip your arms off.
    One Account debit card - i own a lava lamp. and stripey slippers. and i point at people, walk away from them, and shout "let's do lunch!" over my shoulder.
    ThinkBanking card - every day i'm deluding myself into thinking i have a real bank account, and i hit myself over the head with a brick to try and erase the part of my memory that says i'm actually stumping up £14.50 a month for something the majority of the population is getting for free. i probably did something really bad in a previous life.
    Coutts card - i own 9 houses. and a boat. with a house in it. and i'm still really tight.
    Amex Blue Sky - i'm superficial. i applied for it because it's seethrough, and can't bear to let it go.
    Capital One card with the photo of the "cute pig" or "cute puppy" - i'm a jeremy kyle reject. i'm probably in my mid-40s, wearing a pink velour tracksuit.
    any card with a custom picture of one's kids - my kids are better than your kids. look at them. LOOK AT THEM!!! i also clean my kitchen worktops 7 times a day, and subscribe to good housekeeping. not because i read it, just because i want you to see it on the coffee table.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Made my Monday start with a smile. I defy anyone not to agree a teensy bit!
    LBM Nov 07
    Challenges: A Payment A Day Challenge 2012 Joined 08.03.12
    PADding Total:March £57.65 April £10.10
    DFWNerd - 1041-Proud to be dealing with my debts!
    Pesky CC March 2012 £2916.73:eek:
    Debt@March 2012 (inc OD) £5615 DFD self imposed target Feb 2014
  • benjus
    benjus Posts: 5,433
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I don't think I'm a card snob and I'm quite happy with all my other cards, none of which I pay a fee for. But the Metro Bank card just looks amateur.
    Let's settle this like gentlemen: armed with heavy sticks
    On a rotating plate, with spikes like Flash Gordon
    And you're Peter Duncan; I gave you fair warning
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 2,175
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Lith wrote: »
    nnnnnnnnnnnn.jpg

isn't mine but came across it on this forum.

Does anyone think the name hidden looks a bit like Mr A Conman?:rotfl:
  • guesswho2000
    guesswho2000 Posts: 1,703
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Uniform Washer
    Forumite
    To throw my 2p into the ring, IMO you can judge people based on the card they pull out of their wallet:

I actually did just LOL!! :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family