Making cards - Ideas for beginners (part 4)

Comments

• THE-WIFE_3
    THE-WIFE_3 Posts: 2,063 Forumite
    It's one of these frames and leaves and I've just ordered the frames and swirls
    :whistle: Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning the devil says, "OH CARP, SHE'S UP"! :whistle:

• wanna-b-rich
    wanna-b-rich Posts: 986 Forumite
    Oh not seen those - might have to invest though, they look fab.
  • THE-WIFE_3
    THE-WIFE_3 Posts: 2,063 Forumite
    I'll let you know as soon as I've used it, I got one of the flower dies, the same one I think.

Right, cocoa time, see you all tomorow - Sweet dreams, all!
    :whistle: Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning the devil says, "OH CARP, SHE'S UP"! :whistle:

• Marg
    Marg Posts: 2,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 12 May 2010 at 11:26PM
    Thrifty - sorry life is so tough at the moment, hope your DH can manage to hang in there but not at cost to his health which is far more important. If you put in a lot of good supportive info for your son's DLA could they be thinking of increasing his award? or is it up for renewal because he's turning 16? As the others have said please come on here to get things out of your system and we will do our best to help. ((((Big hugs for YOU)))).

Scatty Jan - :jCongratulations:j on your win! Yes, I think it's you - they usually run for 2 weeks ish - your rules apply.

Rusty & Choccy - Well Done to you two too! Both very clever cards.

Gemma - I got a Nellie leaf punch this week - it seems a lot tougher to use than others I have. I've got a different make flower punch (can't remember which) and it broke after cutting only a dozen or so - I'm not happy!
  • wanna-b-rich
    wanna-b-rich Posts: 986 Forumite
    I'll look forward to hearing how you get on as I need some swirls and leaves. I'm off to bed now as well. Hopefully DS will sleep through tonight, been up with him the past 2 nights with his asthma.
  • dawnteabag
    dawnteabag Posts: 1,019 Forumite
    ScattyJan wrote: »
    Am not sure how it works as Ive never played before, who sets the next challenge ? or is it GULP me?
    Ive tried reading back but there are so many pages
    xx

Don;t be scared Scatty Jan its easy-peasy-lemon-mcsqueezy!

Chose your theme - can be as simple or complex as you like e.g.
    a colour theme
    an occasion theme (I think there might be a reason for having a male card challenge soon - when is Fathers day exactly?)
    a recipe e.g. 2 papers, 3 buttons, a piece of ribbon
    a sketch

Tell us when the closing date is
    Watch the entries roll in
    Choose your winner - normally names out of a hat or yusing a random number generator

Let me know if you need any help
    Good Luck!
  • Hassy
    Hassy Posts: 308 Forumite
    Mumof4 You are prob aware, but I read earlier that there is an Ulster Fleadh Craft Fair to be held at The Lodge, Castlewellan on Sat 24th and Sun 25th July between 1pm-6pm.
    The stalls are £35 per day... or rather for half a day.... or £50 for 2 days... it sounds like it will be a big one.. It's still quite a bit of money tho, I think, but whether it would be nice to visit and have a mooch... ? You can pm me if you want any further details?.. :)
    Self imposed crafty stash ban: started again 22/8/10 1 whole month stash free!
    I must not buy stash, I must not buy stash, I must not buy stash! :o
  • TomsMom
    TomsMom Posts: 4,251 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Just dashing in and out very quickly before I go to bed. The chemical smell from the sealer is so strong in this room, we've had the windows open all night and it's still making me sick. The cat sleeps in here, I'm hoping she wakes up in the morning, three windows will be on vent all night! There's another coat of leveller going on tomorrow so hopefully there wont be any smell after that, until the next step is done! (There are two steps internally in the sun room which go up to a store room, so badly constructed by the previous owners who had a love of all things brick, cement, concrete and wonky! They need putting right before we can have the floor levelled and then some nice carpet tiles.)

ScattyJan - well done :T.

Rusty & Choccy, well done to you too but not sure what for :o, I daren't stay in here long enough to read back and find out.

Thrifty - hugs to you.
  • Hassy
    Hassy Posts: 308 Forumite
    Tomsmom Rusty and Choccy did the most b's on the b card challenge... hope you are able to get rid of the smell soon, I find some paint gives me headaches... or varnish... it will be worth it in the end.. :D
    Self imposed crafty stash ban: started again 22/8/10 1 whole month stash free!
    I must not buy stash, I must not buy stash, I must not buy stash! :o
  • lei_armstrong
    lei_armstrong Posts: 391 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 13 May 2010 at 1:21AM
    Well done ScattyJan, Rusty & Choccy for winning!

Those having problems with the Nellie Snellen punch, I don't have one but have you tried dampening the paper slightly first? Just an idea but don't know if it'll work...

CraftyJuJu the bag charms are gorgeous - shame your Jackpot one sold so quickly.
    rainmac wrote: »
    Lei, is there anything you've seen of my stash that you'd like me to share in the stash swap?

Your mojo?! Lol umm you have loads of gorgeous stamps (Tilda in Spring Rain, PinkGem Sitting Chloe to name a couple i've noticed recently) so some stamped images would be fab thank you! How about you - any requests? Die cuts? Paper? Images? xxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure