We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream fund challenge part 4

Comments

• COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Thank you Dave. Haply New year to you too.

If it wasn't for the fact Alfie phoned me this week, I didn't realise I hadn't been on here in ages, time has flown by, and TBH nothing has changed. Except I have got a bit older. A bit bigger (out weight on) and cut my hair short and changed it's colour.
    My insect breeding is going well. And slowing starting to get some sales..
    Garden is still a mess, and pigs are doing well. No poultry due to the flipping mink. But might try again with some chickens in the spring.
    Work to live= not live to work
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post

If it wasn't for the fact Alfie phoned me this week, I didn't realise I hadn't been on here in ages, time has flown by, and TBH nothing has changed. Except I have got a bit older. A bit bigger (out weight on) and cut my hair short and changed it's colour.
    Garden is still a mess, and pigs are doing well. No poultry due to the flipping mink. But might try again with some chickens in the spring.
    Work to live= not live to work
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

is that incase we didn't hear you the first time ...or the onset of oldtimers ;):D
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    hi all.

not a lot happening here ... weather has been dry-ish [after floods! ] but is chilly. ive been sneaking some of last years hay down the track to a group of forest ponies that travel up and down the road here. one is an elderly grey mare and I worry ! not supposed to but theres like a wide opening and 50m track before the cattlegrid onto our track so plonk out some sections of hay under cover of darkness.... all I do is whistle and call and they [aprox 6-8 ] appear :D

discovered I have 3 cats going into my summer house for nosh so am now emptying 1 can a day [plus bikkies]
    one is next doors which is the size of a dog ! and the other 2 are stray/wild ones.. if its dark and I go out in the dark I see 2 pairs of glowing eyes in the bushes waiting...:rotfl:

still having no joy re a rottweiller puppy :( tried ALL the rescues but nothing under 1 year old. I would have an any age dog but son wants to train one and see it grow up. have put name down for any that come in after the xmas "mistakes" ....

im sat looking at my garden and know theres not much I can do albeit son did get a cut on the top lawn.. I want to hack down some bushes so they just sprout fress but don't want to annihilate them if we get bad frosts/freeze..

have to sort out putting the greenhouse in to position :o

in short, im sat in the warm, cuppa in hand looking at what I COULD / SHOULD be doing .....and doing BU++AR all !!!:rotfl:
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    alfie_1 wrote: »
    in short, im sat in the warm, cuppa in hand looking at what I COULD / SHOULD be doing .....and doing BU++AR all !!!:rotfl:
    Sounds like a plan to me! :beer:

DW is still unwell. Visited Drs and was told she needed ECG and blood tests, so phoned me, a bit freaked out! :eek:

Then I freaked too, because I'm still poorly (now have the squits :(:o) the van's battery is dead and I thought they might not let her drive home, or perhaps need her to go to Barnstaple. I really didn't fancy the walk to the car in my condition.. _pale_ Only 1.5 miles, but.....:eek:

Anyway, great relief all round, as all was normal....:j:j...well, apart from my tum. :(

According to local lore, there are two bugs going around in the village this winter and we have one each. They both take ages to go away. Dr told DW she should expect at least another week of hers. :undecided

I shall not seek a medical opinion on mine! :rotfl:

Anyway, I know what you mean. Walked through the garden en route to the hens and thought, "How the heck am I going to sort this mess out?" It always looks dull, dead, soggy, miserable and just plain awful at this time of year; nothing like those crisp, frost-sparkly gardens in the glossy magazines.

They are a LIE!!! :mad:
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    ok peeps

WATCH THE HORIZON "DOWN SOUTH" TOMOROW ABOUT 10AM !!

if you see a plume of smoke ...its me , exploding into a temper tantrum re the holiday house..

owner has "called a meeting" re all the shinanigins over xmas ..
    me ? im not that bothered and cant be ar*ed with it all if "pompous git" turn up and puts her 10 penneth in ... but I will go out in style ;):D
    if she wants the contract, she is welcome because I KNOW she isn't going to turn out on a night to sort a problem and owners costs will triple !! he wont last a week with her demands...
    money is handy but not so vital that I get treated like a toddler ! as I told her before, as I look after a £9m property for 14 years so far ,I must be getting something right..;)

I think the devil in me wants to make her look a complete idiot and then leave her to it....:rotfl:

did a full body slam today ..:( walked briskly across wet patio area at work [old York stone] and went straight up on my buttttt .. had all the dogs with me [7] and was holding a pan of fish pellets which shot up in the air scattering them over me and the ground to which 7 greedy dogs dived in.. absolutely ignoring me prone on the floor ... I survived but have the mother of all bruises on my right hip :(
    so im now heading for a lovely deep HOT bath :D
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hi CTC - Hope all is well.

Been dry here and cold but being dry for a change makes such a difference to all the mud.

The holidoid let sound like a pain in bottom. I used to do one hat was more often than not a reet pain - they had my phone number and once got a call because the fire had gone out - they didn't realise that they had to put wood on it. It was not well paid so I eventually gave it up as it wasn't nice some of the messes that were left = often.

Elderly neighbours have gone into a home for a while but it's all a bit vague - I've done a fair bit of shopping for them and general bits and bobs over the years, putting their bin out, picking up prescriptions and stuff from the town etc but popped down to see them & it was like we were the enemy.

I've phoned a couple of times as they were supposed to be back yesterday but seems they are staying a bit longer but she wouldn't come to the phone to speak to me - so I am a bit confused and hurt as I feel I've just been blanked out after 16 years or so.

The cold weather makes you tired - well it does me so after a couple of brisk walks I feel not fit for much else. Just doing the basics and not progressing much.
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    choille wrote: »
    Just doing the basics and not progressing much.
    That sums it up here too. Got rid of the hedgehogs running around my tum, but I'm still a bundle of lethargy. DW is much improved, but she started from a lower base, so it'll be a while yet....:(

Don't worry over the elderly neighbours, who probably weren't coping and may have developed a few mental health issues before someone decided they needed care. If they don't know what's really happened, or why, they'll blame anyone. Hopefully, you'll talk with them properly when they're well. They may not remember much, though.

Take it steady alfie. Save you energies for things and people that matter, like the animogs and employers who look after you. :A
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Sorry that you and Mrs Dave are under the weather - not great. Hope that things improve really soon for you both.

Neighbours have been quite a worry really so it is good that they are somewhere where they will be looked after full time as I don't think she was coping too good as he wouldn't do a thing - not a thing at all. She even shaved him & other stuff - I don't know how she's coped really.
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    dave... I so enjoy my job and to be honest have always been lucky to get good jobs with little effort at the time [more vacancies when I started ! ] I worked 17 years similarly for a "sir" who was a genuine old school gent.. then my shop [loved it, but not the rent increase !] then this job.
    spent my youth [up to 26] doing a variety of weird jobs.. travelled and learnt..
    seemed so basic then, I earnt good money or less money and cut my cloth accordingly..
    I remember selling a beautifull saddle I had bought and not used yet and bought a ticket to Australia for 6 months ,living in the north west territories [look for PARABADOO ...see if you can find it.. :rotfl:]
    I bought my first car myself ,a mini 1000. I thought I was so cool with my "go faster" stripes on the car... drove it round [practising] for a year before I took my test ;)

I used to visit gypsy friends up in durham for long weekends then I went once and didn't come home for 5 months....then I came home with another dog ! :D

spent months living in an open lot and reading van learning from an amazing wagon painter.. trecked north wales looking at secret hidden gypsy wagons in barns .. I can make a wooden peg and a wooden carnation ;)

friend says I should write it all down as it sounds so ridiculous :rotfl:
    I had a great youth :D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport