And so it begins: The Pig Vs The Mortgage

Options

Comments

• pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Didn't get around to posting yesterday on account of having a very nice weekend:D

The weather was mixed but we got out for a rather muddy run through the woods which was a perfect start to an otherwise lazy Sunday.

This weekend I've managed to;

Relax
    Enjoy some good company
    Have a long walk
    Get out for a run
    Eat healthily and stick to the meal plan
    Have two nsd
    Not worry about my dad

Have a good start to the week:):)

PP x
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • pinkypig
    Options
    fiona100 wrote: »
    Cool. Thanks for the inspiration PP. I particularly like the post 104 I think it is,.:)

So far I have been batch cooking, but I really need to get the hang of menu planning, so that I can punt more money towards the mortgage over payments.

Thanks fiona100

Hi Fiona, thanks for stopping by:)

Meal planning and batch cooking saves you time and money so it's a great start. You'll find after a while it just becomes second nature. Good luck with your overpayments

PP x
  • pinkypig
    Options
    I often seem to wander off topic with my diary and as a result there's a lot about food, exercise and cleaning and not much about money:p
    Today however I have had the excitement of a mid month OS payment that is more than a TT of a couple of pence.
    I knew the interest on my building society savings account where I held my savings and EF before I got my new mortgage with an OS account was paid in September but I wasn't sure when. It arrived today so £430.87 was overpaid to my OS account:j:j.
    I soooo want to get my mortgage below £100,000 so this is a boost that takes me closer. I'd originally hoped to do this by the end if the year but due to the addictive nature of this MFW malarkey I'm now not content with that and am going all out for November :rotfl:

In addition I've;

Had a productive, uneventful day at work and marking is up to date

Done a load of laundry and got it on the airer

Folded and put away dry laundry

Found lo for lunches tomorrow in the freezer and made a salad to go with them

Drank 2 litres of water

Done kettlebells class

Eaten healthy (fruit and yoghurt for breakfast, lo veggie curry and brown rice for lunch and Moroccan chickpea tagine, roasted veg and cous cous for dinner ( was from the freezer so no cooking)

Done a very basic daily cleaning routine

Had a nsd

I'm off to watch Master Chef on catch up followed by an early night:)

PP x
  • pinkypig
    Options
    PS the weather here is horrid and I've got my electric blanket on! Not exactly hard core but it is so nice!!
  • maia_evo
    Options
    I am sooooooo with you on the addictive front. Great thing to find addictive though isn't it :money:
    Take care of the here and now and the future will be taken care of.
  • pinkypig
    Options
    maia_evo wrote: »
    I am sooooooo with you on the addictive front. Great thing to find addictive though isn't it :money:
    Hi Maia :wave:

Better than shopping I suppose:rotfl:

Hope things are going well for you

PP x
  • pinkypig
    Options
    I am knackered tonight. Guess I'm still dragging myself out of holiday mode:o
    Work has been good although there is stuff rumbling in the background but I'm adopting my tried and tested strategy of keeping my head down and getting on with my work. I find these things and the negativity they bring really draining so I do try not to get sucked in.

Despite feeling a bit weary I have achieved some mfw targets:)

Drank 2.25 litres of water
    Did a spin class
    Ate healthily and cheaply (porridge for breakfast lo veggie tagine, cous cous and roast veg for lunch, tomato and basil sauce from the freezer with pasta and salad for dinner).
    A basic daily clean (quick swipe of the bathroom, bedroom and the kichen sink and a quick sweep of the kitchen floor).
    Folded up the throws off the sofa which were dry and put them back - no longer smelling of dog:j

The above aren't strictly mfw activities (except maybe the eating well and cheaply) but I do find that I function better in every aspect of my life when I take care of myself and my home so they are an integral part of my journey. My monthly subscription of £24 for unlimited fitness classes is proving tremendous value. The variety is good and on nights like tonight when its chucking it down its nicer than going for a run!

I haven't managed a nsd as I paid the deposit for my work's Christmas party:eek: I guess that'll be here before we know it.
    I've also kept my spending diary up to date which will help with my end of month review.
    I'm off to read through ds's homework followed by watching Liar on catch up then an early night (again!!).

PP x
  • Dragonrider
    Options
    Hi pinkypig,

Thought I would stop by and say how well you're doing.

Lots of great ideas that I will definitely pinch!

Dragonrider
  • pinkypig
    Options
    Hi pinkypig,

Thought I would stop by and say how well you're doing.

Lots of great ideas that I will definitely pinch!

Dragonrider

Hiya DR, thank you so much for stopping by. So many of your comments on your diary rang true with me that think you an I will be great allies:)
  • pinkypig
    Options
    Cannot believe it is Wednesday. This week seems to be slipping through my fingers.
    Work has been productive and without incident which is always good.

Nothing to report money wise although I've had a couple of victories;

A nsd

A super cheap food day (porridge and blackberries, lo veggie tagine and roast veg for lunch and veggie moussaka from the freezer with salad for dinner so no cooking either:D). I have run out of salad dressing but rather than popping to the shop I used a splash of balsamic instead:money:

I need work shoes. The heel has gone through and they'll cost more to reheel than they are worth. I was going to order some but i resisted temptation I dug out my winter work boots (its cold and wet enough:eek:) and will wait to pick up some shoes in the sales.

Did a yoga class using my monthly membership

Everywhere looked clean so I didn't bother with a daily clean, just wiped the sink and changed the cloth and tea towel.

Dug out some leftovers from the freezer for tomorrow's lunches (Chinese pork and veg rice).

Off to watch Masterchef on catch up and yes you guessed right - followed by an early night:rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback