PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

KonMari 2016 - The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up

Options

Comments

• elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Went to weigh in this morning and have put on several pounds just in a week!!!:eek:

The heat was too much for me ( and the ice creams and non diet drinks did not help the weight :o )

Back to basics and kondoing me! Still waiting for the skip to be taken away.

Last of the building work is being done (electrician is centring the two light fittings in the master bedroom). It never occurred to me that knocking two bedrooms into one meant the ceiling light fittings
    would differ.

I need to tidy round and bake pizza wheels for dd and her friend tomorrow for a walking picnic. Friend has not seen my new kitchen so dd wants it shown at its best.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon all
    Brill news karmacat
    Birthday wishes Charly
    Hope all are as well as can be.

I've been work all day and I've got home to NO SKIP!!!, all the detritus it contained has gone. I sure my house looked happier as I walked up the drive.

Results day today, good luck to anyone else's getting their GCSEs. Ds2 has just come in saying he only got 5 CS so college he wanted won't have him. School he's been to didn't seem fussed so he's not sure what to do now. EKKK!
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • wort
    wort Posts: 1,674 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Happy birthday Charly _party_
    Happy " dream " day Karma x

Foot done ! Finding it hard not to move around. Had dgs here today so we played cards and board games which filled a couple of hours.
    I am pleased that we kondoed the sky subscription, the new freesat box works just as well only wish we had done it sooner .
    Focus on contribution instead of the impressiveness of consumption to see the true beauty in people.
  • ScotinLondon
    Options
    Happy birthday Charly & happy "dream day" Karma...:T:T

No kondoing going on for me at the moment but i do have my eye on a few things that can go to CS once rellies have gone.

Have a great rest of the day all!

SILxx
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    MMF007 wrote: »
    Karmacat - YAY!!! :j:j:j:j:j:j
    It's time to do the things you want to do, when you want to do them! ENJOY!!
    (I love the virtual card, Serendipitious :))
    silvasava wrote: »
    Karmacat - WHOOP WHOOP:beer::j:T Now the fun things start!!!

Thank you both! Got to kondo the contents of the counselling room as soon as I can, but a bit of relaxation first in a shady bit of the garden :)
    Save
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 25 August 2016 at 5:54PM
    Options
    :beer::j:beer: Happy Retirement, Karmakat, this is the first day of the rest of your life, woop-woop!

And happy birthday to Charly27

Just having a wee visit to MSE before popping over to a pal's for a while, gossip and a cuppa or two. I'll take some handicraft with me to do whilst we hang out, pal is a crafter and isn't offended by me making use of time fragments.

Have kondo'd two stubby pencils now too short to use and some more scrap paper, but otherwise nothing has been slung. Gotta save my mojo for the parental home.;)
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
  • Karmacat
    Options
    luxor4t wrote: »
    Happy freedom day!
    Knit_Witch wrote: »
    Happy final day Karma :j:j:j
    Brill news karmacat

Thank you all! Today is a good day for me :)
    Results day today, good luck to anyone else's getting their GCSEs. Ds2 has just come in saying he only got 5 CS so college he wanted won't have him. School he's been to didn't seem fussed so he's not sure what to do now. EKKK!
    Argh! A retirement, a birthday, GCSE issues ... its a busy day. Hope this gets sorted really soon MrsM.
    Save
  • Karmacat
    Options
    wort wrote: »
    Happy " dream " day Karma x
    happy "dream day" Karma...:T:T
    GreyQueen wrote: »
    :beer::j:beer: Happy Retirement, Karmakat, this is the first day of the rest of your life, woop-woop!

Thank you guys :) I'll be busy recycling what I can, and chucking what I have to, and then starting to move things around to reclaim that room for my own uses - quite a project, but I can take all the time I want :rotfl:

xxx
    Save
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Wishing you a long and happy retirement Karmacat :beer:

and Happy Birthday to Charly

Sorry to hear your DS's news mrs-moneypenny. So disappointing for him, but I'm sure he and you between you can work out where he goes from here :)

GQ I'm another one looking forward to your Tales from the Homestead. No pressure then :D Seriously though, take care and don't overdo things :)
  • ScotinLondon
    ScotinLondon Posts: 357 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Rampant Recycler
    edited 25 August 2016 at 8:38PM
    Options
    Evening all....Hope all ok on this muggy hot evening.

I agree with ivyleaf...please all take care of yourselves in this heat. I know that with DH & his illness how debilitating it can be.

Tale of igamogam's ice skates reminds me that I have a pair of inline skates up in the loft that I also think I wore once & then never again as I couldnt get the hang of it. Think the tree is calling them. Well will be when I get round to getting into the loft....which is a mission in itself....!

SILxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport