Share your stories on PPI Reclaiming claims handlers

Comments

• Had a call from this morning from one of the amoeba's (sorry that is insulting to an amoeba) stating that I was due some compensation for a mis-sold PPI as their "Financial Database" showed it.

I had a bit of time to spare so I engaged in a favoured sport of mine - CMC baiting.

First off I asked why he believed I had a valid claim, and he then spouted all the usual, it was hidden in the paperwork and they added it afterwards. I told him that none of my loans ever had PPI. He told me I was wrong. So after a bit I asked him who he was speaking to and he said "Mr *****" - I informed him he was wrong and there was no-one at this address with that name (my wife is the registered BT account holder and we have different surnames), so I said why hadn't they checked TPS, and he again lied and said they run a live screen of the call prior to calling and obviously the TPS had "run out".

He then proceeded to tell me that he also deals with 10's of IFA's every day who have been mis-sold PPI as they didn't know what to look for! I laughed.

He told me has was an ex-advisor with a bank (who have a black horse in their logo) and he sold across the board, CC's, loans, mortgages, pensions, investments - so I asked him what qualifications he had to carry out this business and he said he was not at liberty to tell me - i.e. he didn't know what he was talking about.

We discussed the merits of bottom feeders and then I put the phone down on my desk and he actually continued to talk for 1 1/2 minutes and I didn't say anything as I was back at my laptop - I could hear him rambling on - then the phone went dead!!!

It wasted 25 minutes of his day so hopefully one less victim of the CMC's as he was going nowhere with me!!

Also on the FOS. I have recently won a case with them re a Timeshare that we purchased - it took a long time - in excess of 18 months, however that was completely down to the bank taking the maximum time given on each set of questions, but I didn't give up and never shouted once at the FOS. The FOS helped me and as I stayed rational and calm with them, got the advice and help I required, and evidently have now been put back in the position we were in 2009 prior to the Timeshare being bought!
    Used to be an advisor but no longer!

Still qualified and active in the FS industry!!!
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,318 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    He then proceeded to tell me that he also deals with 10's of IFA's every day who have been mis-sold PPI as they didn't know what to look for! I laughed.

So, he deals with 10s of IFAs every day putting in complaints about themselves. ROFL

Actually, just add ROFL to all your points as they would all be funny if it wasnt actually more serious than that. Effectively they are committing fraud and that shouldnt be funny.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • I did actually mention fraud to him - didn't seem to bother him.

I have also reported/lodged a complaint them to the TPS but no doubt it will join the pile of complaints against CMC companies, so may just be another statistic.
    Used to be an advisor but no longer!

Still qualified and active in the FS industry!!!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    dunstonh wrote: »
    Effectively they are committing fraud and that shouldnt be funny.
    It is funny when you have the time to string them along though. I once had one of these guys tying himself in knots trying to explain to me that he didn't want to know if I was ALONE but whether I'd ever had A LOAN. :D
    He got so exasperated that he actually swore at me before putting the 'phone down!
  • pop_gun
    pop_gun Posts: 371 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Two former colleagues of mine said they used CMC's. At the time I knew you could do it yourself and I asked them why they hadn't done so.
    They said they didn't want the hassle of doing it themselves.
  • pop_gun
    Indeed;
    "I have just given the Woman hell as yet again she has taken the banks side."

and we are suppose to think you "care" whether people lose money using a CMC?
  • pop_gun wrote: »
    and we are suppose to think you "care" whether people lose money using a CMC?
    Well there are many many posts I've made on this forum showing exactly that I do care...

The quote I shared was from the site you linked to amd I used it to show that people there were slating FOS simply because they didn't understand that it's not simply a consumer champion and looks at both sides of every complaint.
    Do FOS make mistakes? Undoubtedly. Are FOS simply another Bank representative? Not at all. They may be funded by the levy placed on financial institutions, but they act independently of them.
  • pop_gun
    Well there are many many posts I've made on this forum showing exactly that I do care...

The quote I shared was from the site you linked to amd I used it to show that people there were slating FOS simply because they didn't understand that it's not simply a consumer champion and looks at both sides of every complaint.
    Do FOS make mistakes? Undoubtedly. Are FOS simply another Bank representative? Not at all. They may be funded by the levy placed on financial institutions, but they act independently of them.

Whoever pays the piper calls the tune.
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,480 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    well, that's an old and inept aphorism in this case, since they quite obviously don't.....
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • pop_gun
    edited 9 November 2012 at 10:05PM
    -taff wrote: »
    well, that's an old and inept aphorism in this case, since they quite obviously don't.....

And how would you know this with any certainty?

You appear less and less reasoned with every post.

Your replies are beginning to take on the familiar taint of propaganda.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback