Computer Exchange (CEX) - Avoid Selling To Them

Comments

• WildWayz
    WildWayz Posts: 98 Forumite
    Check out this thread for an update - possible resolution and a change in CEX and the way they handle the buying of phones:
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/mobile-phones-pdas/1280241-computer-exchange-cex-avoid-selling-them.html
  • Freddie_Snowbits
    Freddie_Snowbits Posts: 4,328 Forumite
    WildWayz wrote: »
    Check out this thread for an update - possible resolution and a change in CEX and the way they handle the buying of phones:
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/mobile-phones-pdas/1280241-computer-exchange-cex-avoid-selling-them.html

I can't be botheres as I would not spend more than £20 on a telephone
  • mrcow
    mrcow Posts: 15,170
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Have you tried going in and complaining?

I hear they have an outlet near the Arndale centre?
    "One day I realised that when you are lying in your grave, it's no good saying, "I was too shy, too frightened."
    Because by then you've blown your chances. That's it."
  • pcombo
    pcombo Posts: 3,429 Forumite
    Then you should refuse the price and get them to send the phone back simple.
  • WildWayz
    I'm happy with the resolution now - they are sending me the £88 owed - will update once funds have been sent to me.
  • adam.mt
    adam.mt Posts: 381 Forumite
    Guess, that's the problem of doing such a trade remotely rather than in person; a disagreement as to the condition. And, you're right it is open to abuse as it's so difficult to prove the condition and where any damage may have occurred (even with photos the lighting and angles can make a big difference!). Good lesson for everyone I think.

Positively, it's good to see CEX change their policies and if they disagree on the condition offer the customer the option to deny the trade and get their goods back. A very wise change which should result in happier customers.
  • Clark80
    Clark80 Posts: 161 Forumite
    I sold my laptop to cex and did it in person at the store. I checked with the assistant that once he had done his test he would call me to see if their offer was acceptable to me first. He called within a couple of hours with a price I was happy with and I went back in for my money.

They do offer the best price for my iPhone 3GS - I wouldn't do it online so will probably do the same as I did with the Laptop.
  • WildWayz
    Well guys, they eventually paid me the £88 difference - over a week later than they agreed. Their CS still seems to ignore my emails, but the guy who called me always replies back quickly.

So I now have resolution.

Can't update the AVForums post as they have locked it :/
  • BigLee_24
    BigLee_24 Posts: 152 Forumite
    I sold them a memory stick 1Gb which the lad mistaked for 2GB haha got an extra £8 out of it.....
  • Judas
    Judas Posts: 325 Forumite
    In all likiehood the phone was never in that good condition. I bet the OP wouldnt have paid "mint" prices to buy it but expected "mint" prices to sell it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure