Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Comments

• miniemma
    miniemma Posts: 505 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Yesterday was Day 28 after Iresa accepted the ombudsman's resolution.

I received an email from the ombudsman saying everything completed.

This is not the case. No apology letter, no readings appear on my electricity or gas accounts. No bill has been raised. I have, however, received a £50 credit.

I'm bored and frustrated. I've cancelled my DD, they can't have any more of my money until they can tell me what I owe them.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,847 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 31 August 2017 at 7:01PM
    Slowly getting there. Previous meter readings have now appeared in my account. One is missing, no big deal, but they are showing a reading taken by a meter reader 6 days before they took over as a read by me on take over day although they have told me the (different) meter read they have as my opening read and which has been used by my old supplier.

edit. bills have arrived in the transactions column and they have used that wrong opening read :mad:
  • Al_Ross
    Al_Ross Posts: 905 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 31 August 2017 at 6:30PM
    miniemma wrote: »
    Yesterday was Day 28 after Iresa accepted the ombudsman's resolution.

I received an email from the ombudsman saying everything completed.

This is not the case. No apology letter, no readings appear on my electricity or gas accounts. No bill has been raised. I have, however, received a £50 credit.

I'm bored and frustrated. I've cancelled my DD, they can't have any more of my money until they can tell me what I owe them.

Hi,
    The Ombudsman awarded me £30 from Iresa,just wondered how long they took to apply it to your account from the time yours was awarded.
  • molerat
    molerat wrote: »
    Slowly getting there. Previous meter readings have now appeared in my account. One is missing, no big deal, but they are showing a reading taken by a meter reader 6 days before they took over as a read by me on take over day although they have told me the (different) meter read they have as my opening read and which has been used by my old supplier.

edit. bills have arrived in the transactions column and they have used that wrong opening read :mad:
    They have now sent this read to E.On who have issued a revised final bill so both are now using this figure. So, after 7 months my account is now up and running and billed up to date although I have no actual "bills" just the short bill in the transactions page. The complaint is with the ombudsman at the moment so will wait and see what they decide.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Al_Ross wrote: »
    Hi,
    The Ombudsman awarded me £30 from Iresa,just wondered how long they took to apply it to your account from the time yours was awarded.

If it's like mine, you'll get it on day 28 or 29 after the OE has announced it's ruling.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • Signed with Iresa 1 august as my GB energy fix was coming to an end and this was the cheapest. All done by 19th august, no problems whatsoever. Be sure to enter meter details and supply numbers accurately and enjoy the savings!
  • wakeupalarm
    wakeupalarm Posts: 1,102 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 2 September 2017 at 2:30PM
    Was thinking of signing up to Iresa as they come out a lot cheaper then any competitors but noted the comments about the company not likely to be around next year. Reading some of the comments on the last pages there clearly was a problem that has put off a lot of existing customers off. Save the newbie who has just joined to praise the company in their first post, are there any other positives for the company?

Edit
    Ok I have read a few more posts going further back and decided against joining Iresa. I guess it's worth paying extra with another company for the piece of mind.
  • geoffW
    geoffW Posts: 181 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    geoffW wrote: »
    I signed on with Iresa yesterday for electricity, first payment 14/8 and start date 26/8, longer start date than I expected but I don't mind as my contract with GB energy finishes on the 11/8 and they say they keep the contract price the same til the changeover as long as it happens within a month.
    Final payment to GB energy was on the 16/8 so no problem in swapping over, however as it was 5 days after the contract ended they did charge me for the 5 days at the std charge which worked out at an extra £2.48 (I can't find out where I read that they keep the contract price until the switch is completed, perhaps they've changed the T and C?).
    Anyway I'm quite happy with the switch, just got to remember to send in meter readings each month.
  • REALLY unhappy with Iresa customer service. I was told I was over £400 in credit and could have it back, told to wait ten working days, did so, nothing received. Called them only to be told they had made an error and had told me completely incorrect information, full of apologies and said they would take ownership and put it right for me. They did not keep their promises at all. I chased it again only to be lied to and told the person I wanted was 'busy' and then within two minutes was actually off sick ! Then when asked for a manager was told that was not ' company policy' and there were no managers there as they do ' different things' ! I am now in the process of raising this as a complaint in the second stage of their process and I do not intend to remain with this company and wish I had never moved to them in the first place. I am happy to pay for what I use BUT like most people when told £400 is going back into my account, those funds quickly became allocated for other purposes ( I am unwell and am unfortunately currently find myself reliant upon benefits so this is especially pertinent !). My person advice, out of choice, LOOK ELSEWHERE for a provider.
  • molerat
    That£400 in credit is only valid if you have been billed up to date though, are your bills up to date ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure