PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The "have a look at this!" thread II

Comments

• LadyL2013
    LadyL2013 Posts: 191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    jimbo747 wrote: »
    This one was posted last year, but still makes me chuckle. Wife says it what my house would look like if she ever left me.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-53123329.html

I genuinely went to see a house this year that had a dead rat in the middle of the living room floor. The pictures on Rightmove were pretty awful, but you'd think the agent would maybe at least remove the dead rodent before showinng people round!
  • tealady
    tealady Posts: 3,742 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Dandie89 wrote: »
    When they save the external picture till last you know it's going to be a beast :)
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-67508825.html

Well they do say its a "character" property 😂
    Find out who you are and do that on purpose (thanks to Owain Wyn Jones quoting Dolly Parton)
  • LittleMax wrote: »
    Here's a change from spot the dog and spot the EA...

Spot the vendor...

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-67501550.html

All that effort they made to "style" the house - and the EA is that bad they take a photo like that (ie showing the vendor) and the customer hasn't checked their photos.

I "styled" my last one when I put it up for sale (though nothing like to that extent) and every photo and every word on the text was gone through with a fine toothcomb:)
  • Glbooth3
    Glbooth3 Posts: 72 Forumite
    The Langley mill bus stop house is not far from me, apparently there is plans to move the bus stop but they've not done anything yet
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    All that effort they made to "style" the house - and the EA is that bad they take a photo like that (ie showing the vendor) and the customer hasn't checked their photos.
    You don't seriously believe it was accidental? I can tell you that picture wasn't shot on automatic. It's deliberate.

The photographer is actually pretty good at producing the sort of pretentious nonsense that sells houses; so good that I doubt if it was the EA. ;)
  • Davesnave wrote: »
    You don't seriously believe it was accidental? I can tell you that picture wasn't shot on automatic. It's deliberate.

The photographer is actually pretty good at producing the sort of pretentious nonsense that sells houses; so good that I doubt if it was the EA. ;)

You mean the vendor finding a way to tell you "Look you can (just about) see I'm slim = middle class. So you will be too if you buy my house....":rotfl:
  • Clutterfree
    Clutterfree Posts: 3,678 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Davesnave wrote: »

The overstaging actually put me off.
    The cakes on a stand, with one cake on a plate with a fork next to it half eaten, the magazine open on the coffee table, the strategically placed throws...

It was pretentious, you're right.
    :heart: Ageing is a privilege not everyone gets.
  • cazmanian_minx
    cazmanian_minx Posts: 4,048 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    I want a house with a secret door now!

https://countrylife.onthemarket.com/details/1355880/
  • Hermia
    Hermia Posts: 4,473 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    The overstaging actually put me off.
    The cakes on a stand, with one cake on a plate with a fork next to it half eaten, the magazine open on the coffee table, the strategically placed throws...

It was pretentious, you're right.

The photographer certainly is in love with that moka pot. It has pride of place in three photos. Maybe he was suffering from caffeine withdrawal!
  • cheekyvimto
    cheekyvimto Posts: 122 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Pic 10 - just what every master bedroom needs :rotfl:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-60387787.html
    Sealed pot challenge: number 083
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income