Help!

Hi,
I want to Study dog grooming level 2 & 3 City and Guilds certificate. The course is offered many places in dog grooming salons but costs around £4500. Does anyone know if I can get funding or would I have to take out an loan?
Many thanks!

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Yeahwbu wrote: »
    Hi,
    I want to Study dog grooming level 2 & 3 City and Guilds certificate. The course is offered many places in dog grooming salons but costs around £4500. Does anyone know if I can get funding or would I have to take out an loan?
    Many thanks!

Ask re finance at the local college offering the course.
  • It's not an college, it's an grooming salon that offer an City of guilds qualification?
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    It's not an college, it's an grooming salon that offer an City of guilds qualification?

Yes you did say that.
  • jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Waste of time and money - if you haven't got it to throw away please don't borrow it for this.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,539 Forumite
    Does anyone know if I can get funding or would I have to take out an loan?
    what about saving and doing the course after you have saved the money to fund it?
  • PeacefulWaters
    PeacefulWaters Posts: 8,495 Forumite
    Caz3121 wrote: »
    what about saving and doing the course after you have saved the money to fund it?

Radical thinking!
  • Caroline_a
    Caroline_a Posts: 4,071 Forumite
    I would think that the salon will have some link with a local college. I would ask them. Also I disagree with the person who said it's a waste of money - the pet industry is positively booming at the moment, people spend huge amounts of money on their animals.

Will there be a job at the end of it in the salon, OP?
  • Nearlyold
    Nearlyold Posts: 2,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Caroline_a wrote: »
    I would think that the salon will have some link with a local college. I would ask them. Also I disagree with the person who said it's a waste of money - the pet industry is positively booming at the moment, people spend huge amounts of money on their animals.

Will there be a job at the end of it in the salon, OP?

Agreed If the course is good and the OP is good at the job it should not be a waste of money. There is a one woman dog grooming place just up the road from us (she is one of quite a few in our area) she works solidly all day 5 days a week and currently has no vacancies for new customers.
  • Robisere
    Robisere Posts: 3,237 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Have a word with local kennels and vet's around your area, they should have an idea or two. You could also canvas demand in your area through them.
    I think this job really needs
    a much bigger hammer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family