PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Land Registry questions

Comments

• vikki400
    vikki400 Posts: 45 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Vikki400 - they will need to transfer it to you using form TR1. The AP1 is the application form needed.

Our guidance on transferring the ownership explains what is needed. You will also need to lodge an official copy of the probate

There is no requirement to use a solicitor but we recommend you do. They are familiar with the forms and process. They can also offer wider legal advice re wills etc

Thanks. I'll see if I can find a solicitor that is willing to do this without following the whole sale and purchase process. The ones I have spoken to so far want over £1000 between us and say we need two different solicitors!
  • agrinnall wrote: »
    I don't really understand the purpose of this thread. LR are usually quite good at monitoring the board and responding to any thread in which there is a LR issue, so why do we need a thread in which there may be many questions asked, causing confusion over which answer relates to which question, and in which LR have yet to post a response even though the thread has been running for almost 30 hours?

I'd suggest to the two people who have posted questions that they start their own threads and mention that they'd like to hear from LR, and I'd also suggest that MSE Andrea deletes this thread.

Hi agrinnall

We want to encourage followers on our other social medias to ask questions. Giving them a dedicated place to do that via a Forum Q&A thread is the best way to help get their questions answered

Andrea :)
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • Bimo
    Bimo Posts: 12 Forumite
    Hello

Can you help with this thread please ?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5688310

HM register has turned down my X3 form and asked me to get approval from beneficiary Head lease.

to some extent I understand it for "Right of First refusal"

but for "Power for Landlord to Require Stair casing" isn`t it redundant since I own 100% ?

Thanks
  • Land_Registry
    Land_Registry Posts: 5,776 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Bimo I assume you mean RX3 although I'm unclear if you mean two restrictions here or just one?
    I've replied on your linked thread so suggest replying there only if that's ok
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • meg00
    meg00 Posts: 216 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    My Mum's house still has my late Father's name on the land registry. Mum is leaving the house completely to my Sister (who lives at the address) in her will. Can I have my Dad's name removed and my Sister's name put on? Would it require a solicitor?
  • Land_Registry
    meg00 wrote: »
    My Mum's house still has my late Father's name on the land registry. Mum is leaving the house completely to my Sister (who lives at the address) in her will. Can I have my Dad's name removed and my Sister's name put on? Would it require a solicitor?

meg00 there is no compulsion to use a solicitor although we invariably recommend that you do as they can cover off the wider aspects re wills and what happens next in any given scenario as well as what options are available to both your Mother and Sister. And they are familiar with the forms and processes of course.

I am guessing the property is registered in their joint names so if Mum wanted to now transfer it into joint names with your Sister then she can transfer the ownership. An official copy of Dad's death certificate should also be submitted.

If it's not as I have described re parents' registered joint ownership then please let me know
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • meg00
    meg00 Posts: 216 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I am guessing the property is registered in their joint names so if Mum wanted to now transfer it into joint names with your Sister then she can transfer the ownership. An official copy of Dad's death certificate should also be submitted.

I have spoken to land registry, they are now asking for a translation of the death certificate (Father died on holiday in Spain). I don't know ehre to get this done. I am also not sure what an "official" copy is - do you mean the original?
    Thanks Meg.
  • G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 2 August 2017 at 2:37PM
    An official copy (where the original is not available/sent) will mean either

* a duplicate issued by the Registrar of births & deaths (or the Spanish equivellent) , or
    * a copy verified as a true copy by an appropriate official.

A solicitor here can certify a copy - though may not be willing to do so if it's in a Spanish.
  • Land_Registry
    In most countries they issue official copies of such documents so you can use them for 'official' purposes so you don't risk losing the original

A certified copy is generally acceptable for registration purposes and it can be certified as such by the applicant.

The additional key is providing a translation as well so if the Spanish issuing authority can't or won't then you need to identify someone who can and verify that it is an accurate translation
  • Hi,

I am selling part of my garden to my neighbour. We want to do our own DIY conveyancing, but are not clear about the process. As I understand it, I complete a TP1 form describing the transfer, along with an AP1 form to get the register updated, and send it off to the land registry with the appropriate plan, fee, and identification documents. This gets the sold piece of land removed from my title.

Does my neighbour have to then submit his own AP1 to register his title to the land he's just bought, or does it all happen in the one transaction?

I don't think there are any complicating factors - the land is freehold, I am the sole owner, there's no mortgage, both my and my neighbour's properties are already registered.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback