New Journey

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Another NSD I hope , looking after darling GD , she is only 7 months so doesn't require entertainment that costs money. Will probably be in the shade a lot today as too warm for her .

All have a good day in the sun.
  • System
    Well EBay sales culminated in an op to cc1 of 11.74 not much but better than nothing.

Shopping at Mr A was £27.34in budget which I like, have done more batch cooking, so the freezer is fairly full now. Got some YS things in mr s over the weekend, my fave fish cakes reduced from £2.50 to 64p .
    Not spent much this weekend apart from trip to beauticians £21 comes out of my monthly entertainment budget.
    Definitely no clothes need buying , I have loads.
    I have been keeping to my budget and find it much easier now than when I started. I don't panic anymore about having the money.
    My emergency fund is £1150 .
    I am now starting on 3 months expenses fund . This has started with £50 .
  • System
    Sold some unwanted rail tickets today on Facebook selling site. £30 pocketed, not sure what I am doing with it.

Have bought toast at work this week 75p x2 , so not quite NSD . Must try harder.
  • System
    Reading other people's diaries keeps me inspired to keep going . I realise how fortunate I am .
  • lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,719 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    They help to keep you focussed
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • :wave: Hi Cumbria lass from a fellow Cumbrian lass, although i'm in the next county down now.

Loving your diary and how well your doing with your budget, I've subscribed and will keep popping back for a read if that's ok?

Take care and keep going.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • System
    Lucielle and Pennywise thanks for dropping by. Pennywise, I don't live or come from Cumbria, it is just my favourite place in the uk, I have lots of friends there now. I am 2 counties down , but please feel free to read my diary.

Yesterday was a spend day, went on the bus to centre of manchester to see all the tributes to the bomb victims , very touching. Then walked through manchester and stopped for coffee. All in all spent about £7.50 which came out of the £30 sale of train tickets.

Mr A shop today £19.66 well in budget.

Meal plan for week done, out Tuesday evening free buffet provided.
    Wednesday curry with friends out of entertainment budget.
    Conference Thursday so free lunch and transport costs.
    Thinking of the London attack victims .
  • System
    Proud to be a Mancunian , another £5 donation to the fund .
  • System
    Been stuck at home feeling unwell, my own fault though! Even though I don't have coeliac disease , I am sure I have a wheat allergy. Biscuit overload at work yesterday made me ill. I need to learn my lesson. This weekend my shop will include some gluten free treats to take to work, then I won't be tempted by all the cake , biscuits that often appear at work. I am definitely better avoiding the stuff.

Have had a proper look at my credit card balances today and I am about £275 to going below 5k , can't wait. I have a very tight budget , but it does allow me to have some fun.

I could pay off faster but I would fail if I didn't have my fun money. Snowballed today and it looks like late 2019 I will be clear. Would like to make it sooner .
  • System
    Why are there so many tariffs to look at when changing utility suppliers ? Getting stuck now .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure