iSoftStone

Options

Comments

• Maktina
    Maktina Posts: 103 Forumite
    Options
    I haven't done the sets yet. So how different are the rating methods compared with Appens? It looks similar, except for the 'Perfects'.
  • stephs0801
    stephs0801 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    Has anyone elses available hit apps gone back up to 229 today?
  • MallRat
    MallRat Posts: 604 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    stephs0801 wrote: »
    Has anyone elses available hit apps gone back up to 229 today?

Seems you aren't supposed to take the practice set on Wednesdays, as that's the day that the queries in it get refreshed. Which explains why when we were sent the guidelines on Wednesday last week, we were told not to move onto the practice questions until 24 hours later. Suppose he just didn't know why that was..

Anyway, I've been moved on to the final exam stage.. Despite that the fact that due to the problems with the pops-up yesterday, I barely learned anything from doing the practice questions. So, as the exam pass mark is pretty high, I'm not exactly feeling very confident about my ability to pass. :(
  • stephs0801
    stephs0801 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    MallRat wrote: »
    Seems you aren't supposed to take the practice set on Wednesdays, as that's the day that the queries in it get refreshed. Which explains why when we were sent the guidelines on Wednesday last week, we were told not to move onto the practice questions until 24 hours later. Suppose he just didn't know why that was..

Anyway, I've been moved on to the final exam stage.. Despite that the fact that due to the problems with the pops-up yesterday, I barely learned anything from doing the practice questions. So, as the exam pass mark is pretty high, I'm not exactly feeling very confident about my ability to pass. :(

Oh, would have been good of them to explain that in the guidelines.

Good luck with the final exam, I don't think I'll even make it that far.
  • extraJam
    extraJam Posts: 157 Forumite
    Options
    Maktina wrote: »
    I haven't done the sets yet. So how different are the rating methods compared with Appens? It looks similar, except for the 'Perfects'.

I would ignore the category names TBH, i just found it misleading. Many of the things we had to take account of at appen don't apply here.

In other news, I've got the NDA for the crowdsourcing. Anyone else apply for that?

And good luck Mallrat!
    271906 Posts: 225 Forumite
    Options
    MallRat wrote: »

Good luck! Sure you'll do fine :)

At least there are no off-by scores. Relief to me because at least if I get a query majorly wrong, it won't then scupper my whole chances, as it did with Appen (Whom I do not miss at all!)
  • diddly_squat
    Options
    Does this look easier overall than Appen then?

No off-by?? Where the hell is this client where I am?! :grin:
  • extraJam
    extraJam Posts: 157 Forumite
    Options
    Does this look easier overall than Appen then?

No off-by?? Where the hell is this client where I am?! :grin:

Hmmm. The task seems logical so potentially easier than appen, but only IF the on the job audits are sensible. A certain fraction of what I'm seeing in the training set is not sensible/seems to just make stuff up. So I'm wary that this is the same old guessing game where raters get penalised for lazy, too-good-to-be-wrong auditing.

But i really hope I'm wrong!
  • Maktina
    Maktina Posts: 103 Forumite
    edited 25 July 2014 at 7:28AM
    Options
    The training data is over 6 months old... How are we supposed to correctly rate that :-/ It's also out of market and mostly 'questionable' ratings.
    271906 Posts: 225 Forumite
    Options
    Not feeling confident.

Had quite a few ratings which seemed contradictory in the training set.

Now onto the real thing, and based on the score needed to pass, I will need an incredible amount of good luck
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback