You know you're too stingy when.........

Comments

• beer_tins
    beer_tins Posts: 1,677
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    You go to early morning or lunchtime meetings that you don't really need or want to for the free food!
    Running Club targets 2010
    5KM - 21:00 21:55 (59.19%)
    10KM - 44:00 --:-- (0%)
    Half-Marathon - 1:45:00 HIT! 1:43:08 (57.84%)
    Marathon - 3:45:00 --:-- (0%)
  • angelflower_2
    angelflower_2 Posts: 2,426 Forumite
    OOoooh my ex-colleague who has over the last 5 years missed out on 8k worth of promotions because he's the department joke because he was once spotted nicking bog roll and is known as bog-boy

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
    DFW 228 LONG H 68
    DFD 2017 :eek:
  • barnaby-bear
    barnaby-bear Posts: 4,142 Forumite
    damn, i never thought of that *goes off to find it*

ps. Please all write your 'You know you are too stingy when....' stories here and lets see how many we recognise in ourselves ;)

You tell your kids the music from the ice-cream van is to let people know they've run out...
  • immoral_angeluk
    immoral_angeluk Posts: 24,506
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    You get your husband to post all of your home business related post through work, to save on the stamps...
    Total 'Failed Business' Debt £29,043
    Que sera, sera. <3
  • barnaby-bear
    beinerts wrote: »
    You go to early morning or lunchtime meetings that you don't really need or want to for the free food!

You charge your phone at work...

You travel on expenses and order the biggest starter, main course, side dishes and dessert whilst your partner travelling on their own budget has a tiny salad - then you share.....

All your biros at home are red (I work in education - they are just borrowed)... :o
  • FairyElephant_2
    FairyElephant_2 Posts: 1,117 Forumite
    ....have a last cup of tea in work before going home - saves making one as soon as I get in like I used to (free teabags etc. and no electric bill to heat the water).

...shower in work - saves water & power at home!

...tell anyone who asks that your DH needs socks, smellies or whatever for Christmas - saves buying them through the year - and as he never knows what to ask for anyway they would only buy him booze instead!
    ...ditto the stepkids as they have got older (not about the booze though) - keep an eye on brands they are using and tell the family so they can buy them for Christmas!

...take scrap paper home from work (usually printed one side) - used to be for the kids to draw on - now it's for 'phone pads, shopping lists etc.
    The best advice you can give your children: "Take responsibility for your own actions...and always Read the Small Print!"
    ..."Mind yer a*se on the step!"
    TTC with FI - RIP my 2 MC Angels - 3rd full ICSI starts May/June 2009 - BFP!!! Please let it be 'third time lucky'..... EDD 7th March 2010.
  • squealy
    squealy Posts: 44 Forumite
    ....you keep your legs crossed until getting to work to save on toilet paper and water.:o
    Tesco CC: £0! :j
    Barclaycard: £200
    Fluid: £1620

Total: £1820
  • immoral_angeluk
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    ....have a last cup of tea in work before going home - saves making one as soon as I get in like I used to (free teabags etc. and no electric bill to heat the water).
    Ooooh no couldn't do that. Have to have a cup of proper home tea when I get in...
    Que sera, sera. <3
  • immoral_angeluk
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    The bulb goes in your bathroom... and because you can't get the light fitting off it remains unchanged and you suffer without a light in the bathroom at night........ for 3 months... (and counting) :whistle:
    Que sera, sera. <3
  • barnaby-bear
    The bulb goes in your bathroom... and because you can't get the light fitting off it remains unchanged and you suffer without a light in the bathroom at night........ for 3 months... (and counting) :whistle:

I so hope you don't have carpet in your bathroom
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport