My Excel mortgage spreadsheet

Options

Comments

• poppy10_2
    poppy10_2 Posts: 6,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It's a truly excellent spreadsheet, thanks Loco :)
    poppy10
  • devon123
    Options
    Wow - loco! That spreadsheet is amazing. :T

I can barely add up a column of figures in excel!! I am very impressed. Thank you so much for sharing all of your hard work. :beer:
  • omikin
    omikin Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks to Loco for this great tool which I have been using for a year or so now.

I just have one query about the min monthly repayment column (H) in the monthly payments schedule. I am on a tracker and I have altered the interest rates in the G column as they have changed and been applied to my loan. Also, I am on a Woolwich mortgage which recalculates the monthly payment only once a year regardless of changes in interest rates and overpayments. This I have also manually changed in column L - the monthly payment. What's bugging me is that for the first year of the loan, when I made some large overpayments, the recalculation done by Woolwich was a close match for the figure given in min monthly payment. I.e when I got my letter from Woolwich saying "your payment will reduce to 615.37 a month from November", the spreadsheet was predicting 615.77 as min repayment needed in that month - astonishingly close! I was really happy with this, but after making more overpayments this year the disparity between what my lender has calculated as my new payment and what the H column (min monthly payment) is saying is now £70! I am now paying about £400 but the spreadsheet has me down for £333. Loco can you help?

I've double checked everything and my inputs seem right. Is this a bug, or a result of the fiddlyness of trackers and varied overpayments (about 20k a year on an 85k loan)?????
  • OnlyMe_08
    Options
    I can't seem to download your file Loco
  • Locoblade
    Options
    OnlyMe_08 wrote: »
    I can't seem to download your file Loco

Download is working fine for me, a temporary glitch perhaps?
    My Excel Mortgage Calculator Spreadsheet: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1157173
  • Locoblade
    Options
    omikin wrote: »
    Thanks to Loco for this great tool which I have been using for a year or so now.

I just have one query about the min monthly repayment column (H) in the monthly payments schedule......

Hi

Could you either e-mail me your spreadsheet or if you prefer, just the inputs for those columns thus far plus your starting balance / date etc in a separate sheet so I can have a look at what its doing? Email is shown in the spreadsheet first page.

cheers
    My Excel Mortgage Calculator Spreadsheet: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1157173
  • OnlyMe_08
    OnlyMe_08 Posts: 283 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Locoblade wrote: »
    Download is working fine for me, a temporary glitch perhaps?

Thanks Loco - file now downloaded
  • jrr3
    jrr3 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    Fantastic spreadsheet, thanks for all your hard work
  • lisa76
    lisa76 Posts: 1,589 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    This is great - well done on such an amazing spreadsheet!
  • crex
    crex Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks very much for all the work you've put into this spreadsheet. As has already been posted, it's a fantastic tool.
    I've been using it to compare 2 lifetime teackers on a £95k remortgage over 27 years. The first has a discount rate of 1.98% for the first year, then 2.99 for the remainder of the term. The second is 2.77% for the whole term. Fee for both is £999. Now, I am clearly misunderstanding something, as I don't follow the considerable discrepancy between the cumulative interest columns in the comparison tab for these 2 mortgages. For the first it is approx. £7.5k, 10.2k and 12.9k for the first 3 years; for the second it is £2.6k, 5.2k and £7.7k for the same period. This pattern continues for the remainder of the term. Can someone explain this please?!
    Thanks
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure