IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Park With Ease - White Moss

Comments

• Thanks to all for your replies and the photos of the signs :-)

Does anyone have any thoughts on the best course of action now? When I first emailed PWE I wasn't aware of the mistake with the reg, so my appeal to them was simply look I did pay, here's my receipt. Would it be advisable to send a more detailed appeal to PWE, or go straight to an appeal through the IAS (which is what PWE's response offered)?

ManxRed - the hire company was Enterprise. I don't have the agreement with me right now, but will check it. It definitely said they were supposed to contact me before debiting any charges, which hasn't happened. So I am appealing with them too....
  • ManxRed
    ManxRed Posts: 3,530 Forumite
    Jade54 wrote: »
    ManxRed - the hire company was Enterprise. I don't have the agreement with me right now, but will check it. It definitely said they were supposed to contact me before debiting any charges, which hasn't happened. So I am appealing with them too....

If you can get the exact wording on the agreement then you may have a much stronger case than them simply not telling you before they did it.

Expect a fight though.
    Je Suis Cecil.
  • I think the OP in this case should appeal to the IPC. I just hope that this is done within the tight timescale so as not to jeopardise the appeal.
    REVENGE IS A DISH BETTER SERVED COLD
  • Thanks for the advice. PWE rejected my initial appeal on the 18th Sept, so I should have another week to get an IPC appeal in. Will aim to submit it sooner though...
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    I think the OP in this case should appeal ..

... to the company that hired PWE. It is clear that the Principals are failing to supervise the contracts that they agree with the PPC.

It is a clear responsibility on any landowner/occupier to manage the contractors they hire. Any employment lawyer would make mincemeat out of Principals that failed to monitor / control the contractors. It is exactly the same here.

It also provides an avenue to take action of any landowner/occupier acting jointly with their contractor against the public interest
  • Like the PPC, Lowther Estates are only interested in the money. That's probably why the lease at this site to the National Trust wasn't extended and they took this land back under their management.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,576
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Do not appeal to the IAS. They will say, wrong car reg so pay up. Ignore the 'appeal' to the kangaroo court they are offering and complain to the landowner.

Ignore PWE's debt collector threatograms and relax. Any IAS appeal will lose.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Northlakes
    Northlakes Posts: 826
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 30 September 2015 at 9:02PM
    Unusually I'm just a bit concerned at CM's reply. PWE are being encouraged (by you know who) to issue court claims. It a win win for a legal firm but not the PPC!

See this thread.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?452902-Park-With-Ease-and-County-Court-Papers-White-Moss-in-the-lake-district

and this,

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?453008-Park-With-Ease-Claim-Form-Lake-District(4-Viewing)-nbsp

IPC appeals is a sifting operation and if you have a solid case it is worth a short appeal just to show that the OP won't just roll over. When the OP's case is won it also shows observance of due process and will help to gain a costs award.
  • Northlakes
    Northlakes Posts: 826
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 1 October 2015 at 4:30AM
    OP: Questions.

You have a receipt for a certain amount from PWE. Did the machine request a certain payment for that period of parking or did you give the machine what you thought it was owed?

How did the ANPR know it was your vehicle if you entered a slightly wrong number?

It seems very odd but this car park is showing up a inordinate number of cases on here and other forums.

I know its difficult when your away but it is essential with this car park to check online after the event that everything is correct.
  • Jade54
    Jade54 Posts: 7 Forumite
    I've seen several forum posts where people complained to Lowther Estates and got nowhere...that doesn't mean I won't complain to them and any other relevant local organizations, but I don't hold high hopes of it getting me any result.
    NorthLakes - in answer to your questions:
    I paid online, typed in reg number, pretty sure I had to enter start time and parking time. Don't think the system told me how much I owed. I had noted down the parking start and end times at White Moss, so I was confident of these. From memory there was no working payment machine on site.

It was a hire car and PWE contacted the hire company, who passed this on to me as hirer. I entered the number from the key fob, I'm not very familiar with the new reg numbers as i live overseas now, and must have mistaken an l for a 1.

I note that the signs don't mention anything about having to enter the reg number correctly, just that payment must be made at the correct tariff.
    I'm really confident I got the time right, and the website told me what to pay based on that. But apparently the ANPR cameras say the car was there another 4 minutes. Perhaps this was just the time between entering the car park and finding a space, and the same when leaving. But I wonder how accurate the times are on these ANPR systems? I'm not very familiar with them, but I imagine there must be different entry and exit cameras and a need for calibration...and a connection to a remote server linking to their payment website. Seems like plenty of chance for inaccuracy...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure