PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Experience with Homeground Management Ltd

Comments

• HELP!

Same thing here. An email from JB Leitch said I failed to pay the ground rent to Homeground and charge for £291 legal fees! But I didn't get anything to info me about this ground rent fee!!

Since I purchased the flat last year, I didn't receive anything (documents, emails or post) from Homeground except this email. If I can't contact them, I guess I need to pay that "legal fee" everytime!

Only autoreply to my emails (from last Oct to now). I called the number CL posted, but they said they are Long harbour and dont know the Home ground.

Anyone knows how to contact them??
  • kid_zenit
    kid_zenit Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 16 June 2014 at 10:05AM
    I’m a owner of a leasehold property and I’ve nothing but incompetence and continuous harassment from HomeGround Management Ltd.

When I originally bought my property they failed for almost a year to update their records and so were sending demands for ground rent to the previous owner, it almost got to the stage where bailiffs were sent round. Upon realising their mistake they updated their records and I settled the account promptly.

However since then I’ve had an issue which has resulted in me being charged fees for their incompetence!

The following is the most recent sequence of events:
    • I received a demand for the payment of my ground rent due in December 2013 and promptly sent a cheque for the full amount.
    • I was informed by HomeGround Management Ltd that they had not received the cheque.
    • Due to the short time left in which I had to pay, I sent a bank transfer for the full amount and settled my account within the time that I ment to.
    • I then cancelled the cheque and informed HomeGround Management Ltd via e-mail (they have no telephone number).
    • HomeGround Management Ltd then attempted to cash the cheque. It was returned and their bank presumably charged them as a result.
    • HomeGround Management Ltd then attempted to make me pay a fee for a bounced check.
    • I refused as I had met all my legal obligations
    • They have spent the last 6 months harassing me for payment of this fee now sending me a final demand, which if I do not pay by the 18th of June 2014 will result in me incurring a further fees.
    While I’m aware there are administration charges for none payment, I have paid on time, as per my lease. Any charges has been incurred have not been a result of my actions but as a result HomeGround Management Ltd’s administrative errors. I have repeatedly contacted this company by certified mail and e-mail and received no response. They have no phone number, their address is a PO Box.

As a result I have now had to report the company and the account manager, a particularly useless individual by the name of (text removed by MSE forum Team), to the police for attempted fraud (and I've informed HomeGround that I've done this).

Is there anyone I can report this company to?

However the immediate problem I now have is do I pay the fee and attempt to claim it back at a later date? I can’t afford to have fee after fee adding up, especially if their continued silence is only going to result in the bailiffs turning up at my home.
  • Julian_
    Julian_ Posts: 7 Forumite
    edited 30 June 2014 at 6:06PM
    I had a few years worth of fun with these idiots after they claimed I had not paid - I had. Furthermore they were insisting it was me that had to pay outstanding ground rents from the previous owner - despite my solicitor writing to them indicating that the vendors solicitors gave an undertaking to pay previous dues.

They never replied to any emails I sent, or recorded delivery letters and eventually I had correspondence from their solicitors. (Leich) Of course it all got sorted out when they realised that they had made the mistake and all extra charges got dropped.

I have made it absolutely clear that any further incoming emails and any further replies will incur a £10 handling charge. Also I have invoiced Leich for my professional services furnishing them with proof of payments etc - I will take them to the small claims court if they do not pay.

Don't worry about bailiffs, they have to go to court first and provided you are above board and keep careful copies of all correspondence and copies of their email read receipts then they will look like buffoons in court. Just tough it out with them!
  • propertyman
    propertyman Posts: 2,922 Forumite
    as a leasehold property you can ask the first teir tribunal to determine this under scd 11 clra2002, and seek costs. If as I suspect the bills were sent without the summary if rights for administrative charges, then they are not due anyway
    the lease must also require that late payment fees are due, very few do, so don't assume. Right and point the last 2 out, and if they dont reply tell them that you will apply to the ftt
    . Any demand must include an address where they are and where noticed can be served, under lta 1987 s 47 & 48, otherwise nothing us due either.
    Stop! Think. Read the small print. Trust nothing and assume that it is your responsibility. That way it rarely goes wrong.
    Actively hunting down the person who invented the imaginary tenure, "share freehold";
    if you can show me one I will produce my daughter's unicorn
  • weeshus
    weeshus Posts: 7 Forumite
    edited 1 July 2014 at 4:45PM
    The following people are listed on Linkedin:

(Text removed by MSE forum Team)

If forum rules do not allow these names to be printed - if there is anyone interested who is a member of linkedin you will be able to find full contact details on the linkedin site
    Hope this helps.
    Weeshus
  • We recently received notification that our apartments were now under
    The management of this company. Having no phone number I sent an email, it is now 10 days overdue for answering. I thought ok something is wrong here. I looked up the company and found the comments made by current property owners who are having difficulties with this company. So Can anyone tell me where do we go with this Mickey Mouse company. Clearly this is not what anyone knew about when we bought these properties. All we want is a transparent management. Company that is providing a professional service to us. I will definitely take this further if I have not heard. From them shortly. We need to make others aware of this company.
  • Julian_
    Julian_ Posts: 7 Forumite
    We need a new site dedicated to dealing with this atrocious company. This one keeps taking down the most useful information, like the director's names, company contacts and phone numbers and who's associated with it via Linkdin.

Anyone with some website experience willing to give it a shot? Maybe a simple Facebook group is an idea? One thing is certain, this website is more interested in itself rather than helping us!

Julian.
  • I got a letter from my freeholders solicitor a few weeks ago. I saw this post and panicked, but emailed the company anyway. They replied pretty much right away to let me know thta it was a new acquisition and they would send a welcome letter soon.

i have a gripe with my managing agent so I let them know too.

a few days later I got a welcome letter and invoice with an informaton form, asking me questions. I emailed to ask about a lease extension becuase I'm tryng to remortgage too.

So far had no issueswith them. Julian are you sure you ahven't messed up?
    they were helpful in their reply, but managing agents will be managing agents.

they have a complaints procedure on their website. have you tried to follow that path?
  • mailmannz
    mailmannz Posts: 311 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Ive had nothing but problems with these clowns! It seems in this country that if a certain industry isnt regulated then it fills that void with nothing but cowboys!

The latest is that they are demanding £45 for a late payment letter, never mind the fact that they were demanding lease payment in January when my lease states clearly it wasnt due until 1 April!

Ive asked these clowns repeatedly for the date they believe the lease payment is due and what the date is within my lease. Ive also asked them repeatedly for the clause in my lease that they believe empowers them to charge me £300 for collection costs when my lease is only £50 a year for ground rent!

Im about to send off yet another demand for them to answer my questions but at some point their letters must become harrassment?

Sadly, as I have a freehold house and a leasehold garage Im not protected to the same level that those who have leasehold flats are protected according to the lease tribunal people! I mean honestly, what f'ing genious thought it a good idea to mix freehold and leasehold properties together and not protect both to the same level!

Regards

Mailman
  • mailmannz
    mailmannz Posts: 311 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Ive also received threatening letters from JB Leitch demanding immediate payment etc and Ive asked them repeatedly for evidence that the work that they are charging me for has actually been carried out.

Naturally enough these questions are never answered!

If, as I suspect, the charges are nothing more than generic charges and no work has actually been carried out THEN surely this becomes financial fraud?

Regards

Mailman
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family