PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What is your charity shop bargain of the week?

Comments

• TravellingAbuela
    TravellingAbuela Posts: 6,669 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Scoured a few cs yesterday in Ilkley and Otley but no spectacular bargains to be had. In Ilkley got a Fat Face white shirt (like new) for £3.99 but shame it's a bit small for me!! May look ok open over a vest top so all is not lost! In Otley got 3 fairly new films for 99p each and a Mexx shirt for DS for 99p.

For anyone in the area the Lions book shop in Otley has some bargain buys. All books £1.30, unless they have a red sticker (which means they have had them in a while and not selling!) and they are 3 for £1. May have been tempted if I didn't already have 2 carrier bags of books still waiting to be read! I must stop buying them until I get my stock down!
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • Swampmonster
    Swampmonster Posts: 585 Forumite
    In Monmouth there is Oxfam, cancer research as Frith said, British heart foundation, age concern which is hidden up a side street near the coop, st David's hospice and have the feeling there is one more but can't remember sorry.

Like Frith says good finds especially as its a posh area.

Hope that helps.
  • Swampmonster
    Swampmonster Posts: 585 Forumite
    Tewkesbury today and got dieting daughter a black maxi dress for 5.99 from bhf. Nothing for me but lovely place to look round with all its medieval buildings and the Abbey.
  • Thriftygifty
    Thriftygifty Posts: 1,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Frith wrote: »
    Thriftygifty - it was just about 5pm when I got there. Cancer Research was open til 5.30. I think there were 3 others.

I'd not been before but there were quite a lot of shops, museum, castle and an archway that I'm about to google!

Oh thanks, we live quite far away but visit a few times a year will pop by on route for next visit. I normally find Cancer Research quite expensive.
  • Thriftygifty
    Thriftygifty Posts: 1,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    In Monmouth there is Oxfam, cancer research as Frith said, British heart foundation, age concern which is hidden up a side street near the coop, st David's hospice and have the feeling there is one more but can't remember sorry.

Like Frith says good finds especially as its a posh area.

Hope that helps.

I've not figured out how to multi quote! Thanks, I will check them out when we next pass, it's handy knowing the little ones hidden they sometimes have the best and cheap :).

My best CS find was a Diane Von Furstenberg top for £2.99 :eek:, strangely on my birthday! I do need to loose a bit of weight to fit in it but thats my plan anyway.
  • starsandmoon
    starsandmoon Posts: 332 Forumite
    In Llandudno for the air show (which didn't happen) Called in a charity shop & bought book for hubby. Moaning stopped, me on ipad, book well worth the 99p paid :rotfl:

I was in Llandudno that weekend, didnt know about the airshow but only saw 1 plane loop the loop and that was it. Maybe the weather was too bad. I had a good peruse in the charity shops there and got a pair of fab denim shorts and some books.
    I have every possession I want. I have a lot of friends who have a lot more possessions. But in some cases I feel the possessions possess them, rather than the other way round
  • Large sphere lamp ikea £4!! Nintendo Ds games £1. Lovely floaty blous £3!!
    Living life with a crazy dog!!!
  • whitesatin
    whitesatin Posts: 2,088 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Just picked up a selection of Per Una kaftans, dresses, a long white cotton lined skirt, a summer cardi plus a few other bits by Jo Jo Maman Bebe and Monsoon for about £60. That's my holiday wardrobe sorted and helping the local hospice is a bonus.
  • starsandmoon
    starsandmoon Posts: 332 Forumite
    Got a Fat Face zip up hoody for £4! Looks quite new, its orange which I wouldnt usually go for but I love their stuff and seeing as they retail at £42 I grabbed it. Happy happy :j This was in Debra
    I have every possession I want. I have a lot of friends who have a lot more possessions. But in some cases I feel the possessions possess them, rather than the other way round
  • bobsa1
    bobsa1 Posts: 1,947 Forumite
    yesterday i got a burberry trenchcoat for £29.99 more than i would usually pay but new they are over £1000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure