Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• Picasso7
    Picasso7 Posts: 4,038 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I've just found a shop small which has closed down. Last year they credited us with £5 when that happened. Has anyone tried to contact them about this sort of thing please?

(I got so cross with them earlier this week – actually about their increasing my credit limit – that I actually sent them a real letter! I took the opportunity to complain about the lack of an email address or secure messaging which their letter still thought existed but which has been pulled, as far as I can see.)
  • Picasso7
    Picasso7 Posts: 4,038 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Is it still ill advised to get a APG more than £10?
    I note some of the best deals generate one higher and not sure that I dare ;)

It is only those above £20 which require a supervisor to authorise it.
  • Is it still ill advised to get a APG more than £10?

It never has been, it all depends on your paranoia risk-aversiveness level.
    However, nowadays up to £19.99 can be used without authorisation.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Is it still ill advised to get a APG more than £10?
    I note some of the best deals generate one higher and not sure that I dare ;)

Less than £20 (in most stores) and you can process it yourself on self scan (or staffed till) without a supervisor,

The vouchers don’t currently scan as it throws up an error - on the normal shopping screen there is an Enter PLU/barcode button before you go to pay - click on that and enter the barcode number off the apg voucher. It then asks for the receipt - either scan or manually enter the number above the barcode.

You then go to pay, enter your payment and an authorisation screen comes up - Accept and payment then goes through (if voucher is rejected it normally means you mistyped the voucher or receipt barcode!). If it asks for authorisation then the SS staff should be able to process (normally when over £20, but sometimes when less than this depending on the store - and sometimes a random check).

HTH

Anon
  • It never has been, it all depends on your paranoia risk-aversiveness level.
    However, nowadays up to £19.99 can be used without authorisation.

Maybe I was paranoid back in 2015 LOL.

Might try it today in order to get a variety :rotfl:
  • Anon wrote: »
    Less than £20 (in most stores) and you can process it yourself on self scan (or staffed till) without a supervisor,

The vouchers don’t currently scan as it throws up an error - on the normal shopping screen there is an Enter PLU/barcode button before you go to pay - click on that and enter the barcode number off the apg voucher. It then asks for the receipt - either scan or manually enter the number above the barcode.

You then go to pay, enter your payment and an authorisation screen comes up - Accept and payment then goes through (if voucher is rejected it normally means you mistyped the voucher or receipt barcode!). If it asks for authorisation then the SS staff should be able to process (normally when over £20, but sometimes when less than this depending on the store - and sometimes a random check).

HTH

Anon

Thanks Anon, as helpful as ever :A
  • Anon
    Picasso7 wrote: »
    I've just found a shop small which has closed down. Last year they credited us with £5 when that happened. Has anyone tried to contact them about this sort of thing please?

(I got so cross with them earlier this week – actually about their increasing my credit limit – that I actually sent them a real letter! I took the opportunity to complain about the lack of an email address or secure messaging which their letter still thought existed but which has been pulled, as far as I can see.)

Mixed results so far on the HUKD thread - some have received a credit, others not - their CS don’t seem to be as accommodating so far, the map isn’t particularly helpful and it seems to be taking a while to get up and running.

HTH

Anon
  • simone10 wrote: »
    I've just bought myself one of these for my daily walks. This colour is only £1.32 inc P&P. Not sure I'll have the nerve to wear it, but would be great for keeping warm whilst wombling too.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00NJIKOPQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks for this....I got one for my early morning walks.....Should keep the cold out....:D
    [STRIKE]68 [STRIKE]Mouses[/STRIKE] [/STRIKE]

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • Anon
    Good morning everyone. Anon, thank you so much for this. I have a trip to London coming up! And round me the small shops are not very good apart from my hairdresser.

Update: nothing very near Euston, though it will prompt me to go for a short walk to the two nearest shops. Thanks anyway.

You are welcome - it may be that there are others available and just not added yet as the individual developing that map has based it on reports of success and will add more as more reports come in. The main Am3x map may have others.

HTH

Anon
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    It is only those above £20 which require a supervisor to authorise it.

In my little A a supervisor was needed for £2.80.

Morning peeps.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure