Dual fuel billing and timing question

Options
AndyCF
AndyCF Posts: 748 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
Sorry this is a basic question however none of my friends or neighbours that I have asked have duel-fuel.

How does billing work when you get both supplies from one company ?

Do you get two bills posted or one ? If it is one bill is it split into two or combined ?

By 'combined' I mean one piece of paper with something such as this random example:

Total electric: £100
Total gas: £50
Pay us: £150

Or does it vary depending on supplier ? :)

I'm going to assume that any time-difference after a switch to a dual fuel would eventually 'sync' so that they would send things at the same time yes ? In that you would not get a bill one month for gas and then one for electric the following month.

This all assumes "pay on receipt of bill paperwork" rather than either a DirectDebit or Pre-Pay.

Thank you! :)

Comments

• firefox1956
    firefox1956 Posts: 1,548 Forumite
    Options
    If you have a dual fuel account you would normally receive one biil at the same time, either by post or online.
    This bill would show you electricity usage, calculation & amount.
    In the same bill would be your gas usage, calculation & amount.
    Then it would show you your total due for both fuels & the payment or collection date if paid by direct debit.
    Your are correct in your 'sync' assumption.
    HTH
  • Raxiel
    Raxiel Posts: 1,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    One bill that lists charges for each fuel, a total for that period, and a total balance (debit or credit) taking into account your previous balance and any payments since the last bill.

Some providers like Iresa split the direct debit into separate gas and electric accounts each with their own balance, but I believe that's pretty unusual and still comes on a single bill at any rate.
    3.6 kW PV in the Midlands - 9x Sharp 400W black panels - 6x facing SE and 3x facing SW, Solaredge Optimisers and Inverter. 400W Derril Water (one day). Octopus Flux
  • AndyCF
    AndyCF Posts: 748 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thank you both. :)
  • Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,459 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    On monthly DD, British Gas run two accounts with separate balances and two DDs.

OVO bill separately for each utility, but take one payment to cover both fuels and give you a consolidated balance.

Don't know about quarterly billing.
  • Raxiel
    Raxiel Posts: 1,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Nick_C wrote: »
    On monthly DD, British Gas run two accounts with separate balances and two DDs.

OVO bill separately for each utility, but take one payment to cover both fuels and give you a consolidated balance.

Don't know about quarterly billing.

I stand corrected, thanks.
    3.6 kW PV in the Midlands - 9x Sharp 400W black panels - 6x facing SE and 3x facing SW, Solaredge Optimisers and Inverter. 400W Derril Water (one day). Octopus Flux
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure