Car body work shop won't refund the money

Hi All,
I went to the garage to get it fixed as i had a crash which was my fault, he asked me to give him £560 to get the doors, the next day the insurance agreed to pay for the damage so I phoned home him up and luckily he didn't purchase the parts, told him to hold fire on it, when asked for a refund few day later he only paid me £300, I paid him by bank transfers, I applied for money claim online but he still. It paid the remaining £260.
What do I do now?

Regards
Sammy

Comments

• hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Can you rewrite your post
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    spender76 wrote: »
    Hi All,
    I went to the garage to get it fixed as i had a crash which was my fault, he asked me to give him £560 to get the doors, the next day the insurance agreed to pay for the damage so I phoned home him up and luckily he didn't purchase the parts, told him to hold fire on it, when asked for a refund few day later he only paid me £300, I paid him by bank transfers, I applied for money claim online but he still. It paid the remaining £260.
    What do I do now?

Regards
    Sammy
    What's happened to the MCOL?

Have you got a judgement yet?
  • spender76
    spender76 Posts: 36 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Not yet, on the letter I received he had until 01/07/17 but I was wondering what will happen if he doesn't pay by the date above
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    spender76 wrote: »
    Not yet, on the letter I received he had until 01/07/17 but I was wondering what will happen if he doesn't pay by the date above
    Has until 01/07/17 to do what?

Has he filed a defence?
  • spender76
    spender76 Posts: 36 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    He didn't reply, he is ignoring all correspondence, I have issued judgment this week, it doesn't look like he is willing to pay the money, what do I do next.

Thanks
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    The amount of the judgment is likely too small for High Court Enforcement, so bailiffs (who have much lesser powers than HCEOs) are probably your only choice ... or write it off.
  • angryparcel
    angryparcel Posts: 926 Forumite
    DoaM wrote: »
    The amount of the judgment is likely too small for High Court Enforcement, so bailiffs (who have much lesser powers than HCEOs) are probably your only choice ... or write it off.
    yes has to be over £600 for HCEOs

this is from Direct Collection Bailiffs Limited
    f you have an unpaid County Court judgment (CCJ) or Order over £600 (including court costs) up to 6 years old then we are able to offer our expertise as authorised High Court Enforcement Agents to deliver a prompt and effective service. Upon receipt of the completed instruction form, the verified judgment and the court fee of £66 our in-house SRA regulated legal team ensures the transfer up process is completed (usually in 48 hours).
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Ah, DCBL ... Can't Pay We'll Take It Away :D

(Other HCEO companies are also available).
  • angryparcel
    angryparcel Posts: 926 Forumite
    DoaM wrote: »
    Ah, DCBL ... Can't Pay We'll Take It Away :D

(Other HCEO companies are also available).
    Yes, but still be the same ruling as this is set by the Gov.
  • A warrant has been issued on 06/09/17, nothing heard since, does anybody know what's next please?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure