Be Lean for Halloween with Slimming World

Comments

• Rosylee
    Rosylee Posts: 201 Forumite
    edited 16 September 2016 at 8:41PM
    Morning everyone. I am. So glad it's Friday...the week has dragged. Weigh in tomorrow. I can only hope I will have had a loss as only been on plan since Monday.

Day 5

B: bacon, eggs, speed fruit

L : steak, creamed spinach, HEA, more veg
    So actually did not have steak...it was more like mince steak, with salad instead.

S: spaghetti Bolognese with salad for speed
    This was yum but I added chillies so it was very hot

Syns, cake in a mug with squirty cream. 9.5 syns
    I used colman sachet to make spaghetti Bolognese. I think it's 6 Syns. Although did not use all of it. Even so still have 4.5 left, enough for a choco mocha.
  • shala_moo
    shala_moo Posts: 3,272 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Morning,

Need to get a plan in place today, i'm off work so have easy access to on plan stuff, just have to make sure that's what I pick!

OH was a bit annoyed yesterday, he weighed in at home before class and he'd put on 6lb! he went to body pump on Sunday and really knackered his muscles up, swollen arms and everything so we're putting it down to that. He's been researching to make sure and one of the articles said you can put up to 10lb on if you really damage your muscles! :eek:
    maman wrote: »
    Will try harder tomorrow but Saturday is DGD's birthday so another meal out. It's obvious how our family spend Christmas! :o:rotfl:
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Not the best thing to advertise SW - eat rubbish, lose weight

The 'eating rubbish' wouldn't see a weight loss in the long term as that's what got some of us here in the first place!

It may be that your gain the week before wasn't right, i.e. it was water retention and not actual fat gain, therefore, causing the loss this week if your body's released the water. Sometimes you can see a pattern if its hormones affecting you.

Enjoy your holiday x

Right, off to sort some breakfast.. yogurt and fruit probably!
    Mortgage amount at 31/12/2011 £166,050 now £0 as at Sept 21 - 15yrs 4 months early.

• Morning all,

+1lb for me last night. Going to try for 2 off this next week and then take whatever I get the weigh in after the wedding then it's a weeks all inclusive holiday so I'll start fresh when we are back (the day we land not after the following weigh in which is 5 days after we're back!)

will be over syns today as I had a scone for breakfast (they need eating and it was what littlie asked for before she decided she didn't like it!) so that's 11 right away!
    snack at work: heb urban fruit mango plus strawberries
    lunch: ham salad with extra light mayo (2) free yogurt
    afternoon: slice of carrot cake (about 20+ syns :eek:) with our accounts manager. she goes on annual leave today and is back after me and is the only person from work I would have invited to the wedding so we said we'd celebrate the wedding/her holiday with a slice of her favourite cake :)
    tea: chicken with bacon (all fat removed) served with carrot, cauliflower, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes plus lettuce and pickled onion

going to have to be a bit creative next week as I don't really want to be buying much more of anything before we go away! the freezer still seems rammed even though we've been trying to run it down as much as possible.

tomorrow will be a free brekkie (omelette or 1/2 heb wheatbran cake) then lots of running around. probably either a jacket potato with salad or pasta and veggies for lunch with littlie (after oh goes off coaching) and then we usually have a Chinese or something on a Saturday but I may cook. depends how much wedding stuff I can get done with OH out!
    Sunday; bacon sandwich (heb bread+2 syn) not sure on lunch. gammon with piles of veggies (cauli, carrot, tomato, mushrooms, peas, sweetcorn and sweet potato for me - roasties and peas/sweetcorn/carrots for the others) and maybe a small Yorkshire for 3 syn
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • Morning all, it was my 1st weigh in last night and I lost 4lb!!! So very pleased with that 😁, I'm going to try for the 3lb this week so I can get my half a stone.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,568 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Going to Italy on Monday and won't be following the plan at all. Only things I will be doing are if I want a Coke, I order/buy the light/zero version

Also, I have noticed from my time abroad, when eating out, the restaurants and cafes don't use a lot of F&V despite of their country growing loads and exporting to other countries such as the UK!

I had that conversation with a restaurateur in France. His theory was that the locals regard veg as poor man's food, the sort of thing you'd fill up on at home. When they go out they want more expensive things like meat. Also, in France, when they did away with the monarchy the chefs to royalty needed jobs so opened restaurants serving fancy the food they were used to. That may be the origin but I think now it's like most restaurants the world over it has to be quick and easy and deep frying or pre-cooking and microwaving is just that!:(

That being said, I do have some super salads in Turkey and largely oil, vinegar and balsamic are available but not on it. Unfortunately they're often accompanied by sides of chips and loads of bread:o. The resort I go to regularly doesn't even have diet tonic.

I think such a tiny gain is good after a stag do lush. Why not cook something tomorrow instead of a Chinese? I know you're busy but it'll be a good opportunity to use something from the freezer and far more mse.:money:

I had HEB Puffed Whet for breakfast. I'm going to make myself a stir fry for lunch. Probably just a pile of veg with some ham and then a bowl of soup. A bit odd but it'll be SP and use stuff up.

Haven't done my meal plan or shopping list yet so will report back later.:)
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,568 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    RavenQueen wrote: »
    Morning all, it was my 1st weigh in last night and I lost 4lb!!! So very pleased with that 😁, I'm going to try for the 3lb this week so I can get my half a stone.

Excellent start. Well done!:T
  • Hiya everyone

Hugs to those having a rubbish time at work, I must have skim read a bit yesterday before posting. It was my first day back at work today and its just been the slowest day ever. Tons to catch up on as well with being off almost 3 weeks .. think I'll be ready for another week off after today :rotfl: and my bed because I was wide awake at 2.30am and just drifted back off when my alarm went off :mad:

Have a fab holiday scarlet I tried to stick to plan when I was away but all my good intentions went out of the window after the 1st week :D I felt like I was making decent choices for meals but it's all the stuff in between for me like snacky crisps and the bread basket and all the wine .. the weight comes back off quickly though as soon as you start eating 'properly' again.

Food for today:

B - 2 breakfasts today half HEB of puffed wheat with banana and half HEB of crunchy bran with strawberries
    L - veg soup with ryvita (3 syns)
    T - spanish omelette and veggies or salad

Keeping it low syn today if I can to make up for that huge scone I had yesterday

Well done the losers this week :T
  • duchy
    duchy Posts: 19,511 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Syn free brunch today Wholemeal toast with Quark cherry tomatoes, mushrooms and spring onions (no dill so chucked in chives) and scrambled to eggs in with them topped with smoked salmon. Nom, Nom, Nom

Syns so far 1.5 in coffee
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

MSE Florida wedding .....no problem
  • System
    System Posts: 178,090 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    maman wrote: »
    I had that conversation with a restaurateur in France. His theory was that the locals regard veg as poor man's food, the sort of thing you'd fill up on at home. When they go out they want more expensive things like meat. Also, in France, when they did away with the monarchy the chefs to royalty needed jobs so opened restaurants serving fancy the food they were used to. That may be the origin but I think now it's like most restaurants the world over it has to be quick and easy and deep frying or pre-cooking and microwaving is just that!:(

That being said, I do have some super salads in Turkey and largely oil, vinegar and balsamic are available but not on it. Unfortunately they're often accompanied by sides of chips and loads of bread:o. The resort I go to regularly doesn't even have diet tonic.

[/QUOTE
    France is the worst example for this. Their salade du tomate is an iceberg lettuce leaf with three cherry tomatoes cut in half with some foul sickly sweet dressing on it.
  • Lois_Lane
    Lois_Lane Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    Afternoon all

Well I've just had an eventful afternoon I wasn't expecting - DH cut his thumb on a kitchen knife and as it was pretty deep I took him to the Minor Injuries Unit. They've glued and steri-stripped it together so at least he didn't have to have a local for stitches, but it's going to give us a few problems in the shop for the next few days. I might have to cook the fish and chips myself! :eek:

Have a great holiday Scarlet. When we were in Italy we noticed that Italians order salad at the beginning of the meal, often a large plateful that they all helped themselves to. That's often the best way to get F&V in Spain too.

Lush - when is the big day exactly? You must be getting really excited about it now.
    Food here is naff, no real option to behave.

Breakfast this morning consisted of a lot of bread and cake! (Who eats cake for breakfast.. Me obviously!)

DH and I did Bed & Breakfast when we went to Rome and every morning breakfast was the same thing, cake, biscuits, melba toast and nutella. I thoroughly enjoyed it, but DH was craving some man food! Enjoy your holiday and don't worry too much, you'll soon get rid of any gain once you get back on plan.

Well as it's Friday we will be having some alcohol syns tonight but I'm going to have a couple of cans of gin and slimline tonic as it's lower in syns than wine. I'll be having wine tomorrow night though. :p

Have a great weekend everyone.

LL :)
    Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills