IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

MET services PCN help

Good afternoon,

Thanks for taking the time to read my post, just after a little bit of help and guidance.

On the 8th september myself and partner parked at bicester village train station and bought a ticket and put it in the dashboard as usual. upon returning that evening we had a PCN from MET services for no displayed ticket with the reason ;

no valid ticket/voucher/permit - in breach of railway bylaw 14.

I was a bit shocked and opened the car to find the ticket in the footwell of the car. can only think it blew off when shutting the door as it was a windy day. After reading various things on the internet about this company i did nothing, coupled with being away with working travelling the last 3 weeks. Had a letter come through the post today from MET services titled 'NOTICE TO OWNER' addressed to my wife as it was her car stating the parking charge of £100 is payable and a photo of the rear of the car on the letter.

I still have the notice given and the actual parking ticket i brought. Where do i stand in this situation? has it been to long to appeal it? as the new letter says if you wish to appeal this notice, please do not pay at this time. which makes sense.

any help would be great.
thanks rob

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,555 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    The keeper of the car now appeals to that NTO, using the template blue writing appeal in the 'NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FAQS FIRST' thread, simple as that. All acronyms and reasons why not to name the driver are explained in that sticky thread which also gives you the appeal to use (deliberately saying nothing about the story of what happened).

You will not be paying this so no urgent 'discount deadline' applies.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I ALWAYS ALWAYS take a photo on my phone of my ticket in situ.
  • thanks for the replies, good to know can still send the appeal letter, just wasnt sure as it is more than 28 days after the intial PCN on the car.

never thought of taking a picture of the ticket, will remember that next time.
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
  • Coupon-mad
    dcdubber87 wrote: »
    thanks for the replies, good to know can still send the appeal letter, just wasnt sure as it is more than 28 days after the intial PCN on the car.

never thought of taking a picture of the ticket, will remember that next time.

The keeper gets another 28 days from NTK (NTO) but do NOT appeal as driver nor give that person away...the sticky thread explains.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,340 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic

A blob of Blutack, or a clothes peg can ensure the ticket doesn't blow off. But some 'wardens' have apparently shaken cars to dislodge the ticket so they can issue a ticket and meet their target for the day.

Every ticket at one stage had a sticky backing, now most private tickets have none - any guesses why?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad wrote: »
    The keeper of the car now appeals to that NTO, using the template blue writing appeal in the 'NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FAQS FIRST' thread, simple as that. All acronyms and reasons why not to name the driver are explained in that sticky thread which also gives you the appeal to use (deliberately saying nothing about the story of what happened).

You will not be paying this so no urgent 'discount deadline' applies.

not sure if im going mad but just been reading through the newbie thread and cant seem to find the template to use as basis of the appeal.
  • Coupon-mad
    Blue writing.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,340 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    dcdubber87 wrote: »
    not sure if im going mad but just been reading through the newbie thread and cant seem to find the template to use as basis of the appeal.

Here's a clue - it's written in blue!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • hi again, bit of an update, i appealed the parking charge using the info provided on the site, although after their stated 28 days. and this is the response i recieved before xmas.

As advised on the charge notice, an appeal can be made in writing 28 days from the date of issue. As your
    appeal was recieved on 13/12/2016 the time for lodging and appeal has expeired and the charge notice is oustanding
    and payable.

Whilst your appeal was recieved too late to be considered we can confirm that had you appealed with the time limit it
    is likely that your appeal would have been unsuccessful as you failed to dispaly a valid ticket on your vehicle at the time
    of issue.

Please settle the outstanding amount of £100.

If the charge remians unsettled we will seek the recover the monies owed to us via our debt recovery procedures and
    may proceed with court action.

after this letter i recieved nothing for a while but today have just recieved a letter from debt recovery plus ltd asking for a new amount of £150

Demand for payment of an unpaid penalty notice £150.00
    Our client, MET Parking Services Ltd, has written to you recently about the unpaid penalty notice
    detailed above. As they have not recieved payment, they have referred the matter to us.

If you are liable for this charge and do not pay the full amount by 24/02/2017 or if you have not agreed a
    payment option with us by then, we will recommend to the creditor that court action should be taken.

This penatly notice has been issued under section 219 of the transport act 2000, Under the terms of this act,
    if you fail to pay a charge and park on railway land managed by our client your vehicle may be clamped,
    removed and stored until the outstanding penatly and any costs incurred are paid. Alternatively court action
    may be taken.

Where do i stand now? have i just got to bite the bullet and pay for it. due to me being slow in starting the whole process off?

sorry i would have attached an image of the letters but it wouldnt let me as im a new user.

Thanks Rob
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport