Buyer wanted the code did I do the right thing

I sold a cinema gift card stated postage would be recorded delivery (£1.50) the buyer messaged me saying he did not need it posting and would I just send the code.I refused as I would have had no proof that he received it.There have been messages going back and forth for 3 days I offered to relist it if he did not want it posting,he said what if I leave positive feedback before you send the code I still refused,do you think i did the right thing?

Comments

• Flyonthewall
    Flyonthewall Posts: 4,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Yes. Positive feedback means nothing. It wouldn't stop them opening a case and they would win as you'd have no proof of delivery.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,153 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    geminilady wrote: »
    I sold a cinema gift card stated postage would be recorded delivery (£1.50) the buyer messaged me saying he did not need it posting and would I just send the code.I refused as I would have had no proof that he received it.There have been messages going back and forth for 3 days I offered to relist it if he did not want it posting,he said what if I leave positive feedback before you send the code I still refused,do you think i did the right thing?

A standard letter signed for (which replaced recorded a year or so ago) will cost you £1.64 so with fees £1.80. I just don't want you to underestimate your postage costs!
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • geminilady
    geminilady Posts: 1,922 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Thanks if I had charged a high postage I could understand but all this fuss over £1.50 seems fishy to me and can't afford to lose the money
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure