PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Where to buy cheap euro (ikea) size fitted sheets?

Options
I have an Ikea king size bed (160cm x 200cm) and the spare room is an Ikea double (140cm x 200cm). Any idea where I can get approx 50:50 poly cotton sheets for under a tenner? Ikea is pretty expensive for any colour other than white. Found one Ebay seller but only limited pastel colours. Everywhere else online does £50+ egyption cotton only! Any suggestions? Thanks! (Hope this is the right area of the forum to post)

Comments

• Moomum
    Moomum Posts: 958 Forumite
    Options
    We have two ikea mattresses, one double and one king. I use Primark sheets with no trouble at all. Lots of colours and £7
  • noisla
    noisla Posts: 147 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Moomum wrote: »
    We have two ikea mattresses, one double and one king. I use Primark sheets with no trouble at all. Lots of colours and £7

So do you just buy UK double and UK king sizes? Or do you size up?

My double mattress is only about 4 inches thick so squeezing a UK sheet on should work ok, but my king mattress is 9 inches thick so only just fits an ikea size king sheet in the first place
  • smileygill
    smileygill Posts: 191 Forumite
    Options
    When Lidl have fitted sheets on special offer, they usually sell some Euro sizes alongside the usual ones. I've bought various types (jersey, microfibre, flannel) and they're decent quality and a nice price.

HTH. :)
  • debbym
    debbym Posts: 460 Forumite
    Options
    I know what you mean, we bought our bed in Germany ( at Ikea) and when we moved back to the UK Ikea here didn't have the euro sizes on the shelf you had to ask, same with the duvet covers and pillow cases. Lidl and Aldi both sell euro stuff or I use my swagbucks to buy more expensive ones from amazon or ebay.
  • got-it-spend-it
    got-it-spend-it Posts: 5,016 Forumite
    Options
    We've always used Primark sheets on our Ikea mattresses too.

These Ikea ones are only £9 by the looks of it http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/70149998/#/60277905
    :DYummy mummy, runner, baker and procrastinator :p
  • Emm-in-a-pickle
    Emm-in-a-pickle Posts: 1,633 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Another vote for Lidl.
  • noisla
    noisla Posts: 147 Forumite
    Options
    Looks like my local Lidl has a sheet sale on this week, although online info suggests only UK sizes. I'll give them a go, thanks for the tip!

The ikea ones... I'm trying to recall whether it was that the dvala only comes in dark colours, or whether they were just out of stock when I was there. Our ikea has switched to UK bed sizes now. It's only my bf's fussiness over colour that's making this so complicated!

Thanks everyone
  • drusilla
    drusilla Posts: 294 Forumite
    Options
    Have you tried your local market. I got fantastic quality ks sheets for only £8 each. They are huge and just like those in a hotel.
    De cluttering Konvert.
    Getting there

Finding a new home under all the STUFF!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills