MSE Local eBay Deals tool discussion

Comments

• custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Skyliner wrote: »
    Is there a way of customising the search panel, rather than having to change it each time - for instance, in my case I should like to change it to 20 miles and newly-listed, rather than the default settings.

just set a search in ebay with your parameters
    save the search
    job done
  • Thank you.
  • For those asking Why? - this is certainly a useful tool for those in a rural area where it is realistic to browse everything for sale within a few miles: something eBay doesn't let you do. eBay insists you choose categories - sometimes I'm just interested in looking at everything nearby: I might be tempted by something heavy but cheap that I hadn't realised I needed!

What would be even better would be to be able to sort on Delivery Charge (count "Collection Only" as £999, so these items come first): the higher the delivery cost, the greater the relative advantage of living nearby.
  • custardy
    Forumite
    JohnGeddes wrote: »
    For those asking Why? - this is certainly a useful tool for those in a rural area where it is realistic to browse everything for sale within a few miles: something eBay doesn't let you do. eBay insists you choose categories - sometimes I'm just interested in looking at everything nearby: I might be tempted by something heavy but cheap that I hadn't realised I needed!

What would be even better would be to be able to sort on Delivery Charge (count "Collection Only" as £999, so these items come first): the higher the delivery cost, the greater the relative advantage of living nearby.

um these 'tools' simply use eBays own search tools
    you set the search term,and then the filters of distance etc

eg for local stuff,
    ("cash on collection", "buyer must collect", "collection only", "no postage", "pick up only", "unable to post", "needs to be collected", "Collection in Person only", "can't post")
  • It could do with a box at the side to tick and add to 'my watch list'

this would save quite a bit of time

BTW is this app was to buy I would pay for it, I have done out my whole house with this and my van
  • Hi,

Brilliant tool for finding local bargains but why cant I find MY OWN item using this tool. My postcode has been entered correctly on my item. Is it anything to do with my settings on Ebay? Many thanks.
  • custardy
    Forumite
    squirl88 wrote: »
    Hi,

Brilliant tool for finding local bargains but why cant I find MY OWN item using this tool. My postcode has been entered correctly on my item. Is it anything to do with my settings on Ebay? Many thanks.

how long since you listed it?
  • GabbaGabbaHey
    GabbaGabbaHey Posts: 1,074
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    custardy wrote: »
    you can set up these searches with eBay and save them
    ("cash on collection", "buyer must collect", "collection only", "no postage", "pick up only", "unable to post", "needs to be collected", "Collection in Person only", "can't post")
    Actually, the example you give will not work. eBay's search engine's syntax requires there to be no space after the commas to perform a logical OR, so you actually need to use:
    ("cash on collection","buyer must collect","collection only","no postage","pick up only","unable to post","needs to be collected","Collection in Person only","can't post")
    (Note no spaces after the commas).
    Philip
  • custardy
    Forumite
    Actually, the example you give will not work. eBay's search engine's syntax requires there to be no space after the commas to perform a logical OR, so you actually need to use:
    ("cash on collection","buyer must collect","collection only","no postage","pick up only","unable to post","needs to be collected","Collection in Person only","can't post")
    (Note no spaces after the commas).

copy it into an ebay search box and try it
  • Talent
    Talent Posts: 244 Forumite
    Cannot select a 'Buy It Now' option on my PC but there is on my phone??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure