EH - Essex > Hebrides...the next step of the adventure?

Comments

• EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,307 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    You're all lovely. :o:o:o

Hidden both seem to be a bit of a recurring theme on here! Especially the cheese! :rotfl:
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,307 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    OK - quick update following on from the weekend then.

Main shop: £25 odd
    Also spent literally a few £ each in Al's and Lil's.
    Walked to T's yesterday afternoon as MrEH wanted his newspaper anyway and our aim was top get there for the right time for the bread reductions - which we did. There were a LOT of bagels - we grabbed a cinnamon & raisin pack at 5p, 2 x sesame packs at 8p each and a plain pack also at 8p each - plus a pack of 6 "oven bottom muffins" at 4p. That's over 2 week's worth of lunch "rolls", plus weekend breakfasts, for 33p - the bread machine will NOT be going on for a fortnight! :T It took a bit of jiggling about (the bagels, not me) to get them all stashed away in the freezer but we did it.

Yesterday's roast chicken was delicious and the balance was stripped off the carcass straight away and popped in a container in the fridge. Planning to team some of that up with onion, peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes and some smoked paprika and garlic to make a Spanish style chicken stew for tonight (There will be enough of the tomatoey sauce for a second day too so that will probably sort wednesday out.) I got 2 POTW butternut squashes from Lil's so butternut squash risotto might well be another day sorted I think. Quite tempted to do roasted veggies with halloumi & couscous for the remaining day - I'll need to check whether we have eggs that need using before I commit to that though.

Did my last shop using the T's ClubCard Plus on Friday I guess - as it's discontinued after Friday. The October payment went in this morning, so I promptly stripped it back out again and bounced it back to the Joint Account - need to remember to cancel the DD to Tesco Bank and rejig the monthly payment to our "food" account to include that. Quite sad to see that account go to be honest - it's earned us a fair number of extra CC points over the years, but I confess to being quite pleased to not feel any particular kind of "tie" to T's any more too.

Oh - my most recent Prolific payout hit Paypal at the weekend so I transferred that out and straight across to the 0% card too - signature updated. :T I'd still like to get that to £700 paid by the end of the year but a lot will depend on whether I can get another payout from onePoll and also whether I can ever get Populus to payout level I think - I'm STILL short by £4! :mad:
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,148 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Meal plan sounds good to me, although at the moment anything someone else has thought about and cooked has a head start.
  • 117pauline
    117pauline Posts: 743 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Don't you dare disappear, now that is an order
    Don't get it perfect - Get it going
    Better Than Before
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,130 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Please dont stop posting EH.
    You are welcome to post on mine :)
    I think some people do just want people to agree with everything they say even when they are spending silly amounts on foe example on sky & mobiles or whatever. But dont like it when you dare to point it out.
    It is a funny old world.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • I'm a bit late to the party Essex but I'd like to say please don't stop posting on the diaries, or anywhere else on DFW for that matter.

Some OP's are more willing to be helped than others and some are over sensitive, but your advice is always excellent and given with the best of intentions. If a tiny minority are offended then that is their fault and not yours.

Please post on my diary because you are a financial wizard and I very much value your input :)
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • beanielou
    Have read relevent part of said thread.
    In total denial & living in cloud cukoo land.
    Dont give it a second thought EH.Really.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• I'm popping out of lurkdom to say please don't stop posting, and commenting.. one of the reasons I have a diary is for the accountability (although tbf I don't post often, I do login most days).. and a virtual kick up the proverbial is sometimes exactly what I need. Hugs.
    LBM 1st Feb 2015 £18182 to go :o
    my diary: time to step up to the plate. SPC#079
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    HairyHandofDartmoor Posts: 13,960 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 9 October 2017 at 8:58PM
    beanielou wrote: »
    Have read relevent part of said thread.
    In total denial & living in cloud cukoo land.
    Dont give it a second thought EH.Really.

I agree beanie. I stopped commenting on the thread in question because I felt that there was a bit defensiveness and denial going on.

Everyone has a different approach, but I have never seen Essex be anything other than supportive and helpful.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • beanielou
    I agree beanie. I stopped commenting on the thread in question because I felt that there was a bit defensiveness and denial going on.

Everyone has a different approach, but I have never seen Essex be anything other than supportive and helpful.

So very true.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback