final pay query

hi
i received my final pay from previous emloyer last week and got paid less. I did not over use any holiday entitlement as the leave year for them just ended. I gave 4 weeks notice and worked the full month before leaving on 16 septeber.
Normal salary would be £1500.50 before tax
on my latest paysleip salary says £614.70. which is very less. then underneath it says £36.25 salary (back pay) no idea what that means
And underneath that says salary absent payment £204.90. which is for my absence.
Total payment comes to £855.85 before deductions.

I dont know how they have worked this out or given so less.
Moreover i received a letter dated on 16sep saying im due a salary increment from 1st august till my termination date. Letter is dated on my last working day. However they said i am eligible for the salary increase but this does not show in my latest final pay slip. so in actual fact i should have seen a rise in my final pay becuase of the increase from 1st august to 16september. my last working day.

Please could anyone help. I have contacted them but would like a second opinion.

sorry for the long query

thanks in advance

Comments

• General_Grant
    General_Grant Posts: 4,840 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Do you expect to get paid for a full month when you only worked for just over half of it?

Looks as though you would normally get paid at the end of a month. I would expect that to be for the full calendar month. That is, you would have been paid near the end of August for the whole of the month of August. Is that not the case?
  • sangie595
    sangie595 Posts: 6,092 Forumite
    A second opinion on what? You haven't yet had a first opinion! You've asked them to explain the payments. You need to wait until they do. We don't know the terms of you salary (two weeks in arrears and two in advance?; all in arrears? or whatever?). We don't know your holiday entitlement and what you may or may not have taken. And I certainly have no idea what an "absent" payment is. Is that unpaid leave?

The back pay is probably the salary increase - but that's a guess.
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    You need to know your pay period and pay day to establish the period this payment is for.
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,472 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    On the question of the salary increment payment - my guess would be that this payment was agreed after the payroll for the month had been run. Any payment due will probably be received when the October payroll run is done.
    Only your former employer can provide the full answer.
  • PeppaCoin
    PeppaCoin Posts: 141 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    You haven't provided any information that anyone can help you with there. We have no idea when your pay period runs from etc. You need to wait and see what payroll advise you. They should be happy to offer you a breakdown of your final payment.
  • t0rt0ise
    t0rt0ise Posts: 4,276 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    £855 actually sounds about right for 16 days pay if your usual month's pay is £1500.
  • Do you expect to get paid for a full month when you only worked for just over half of it?

Looks as though you would normally get paid at the end of a month. I would expect that to be for the full calendar month. That is, you would have been paid near the end of August for the whole of the month of August. Is that not the case?

Hi I get paid at the end of each month. Usually the last week and it's for 4 weeks.
  • You need to know your pay period and pay day to establish the period this payment is for.

Pay period is monthly.contract says £18006 per annum and this will be paid monthly in areas to my bank account
  • PeppaCoin wrote: »
    You haven't provided any information that anyone can help you with there. We have no idea when your pay period runs from etc. You need to wait and see what payroll advise you. They should be happy to offer you a breakdown of your final payment.

Pay period is monthly.contract says £18006 per annum and this will be paid monthly in areas to my bank account
    My pay day for September was 27th September and my last day was the 16th
    Previous pay day was 26th August
  • sangie595 wrote: »
    A second opinion on what? You haven't yet had a first opinion! You've asked them to explain the payments. You need to wait until they do. We don't know the terms of you salary (two weeks in arrears and two in advance?; all in arrears? or whatever?). We don't know your holiday entitlement and what you may or may not have taken. And I certainly have no idea what an "absent" payment is. Is that unpaid leave?

The back pay is probably the salary increase - but that's a guess.

The holiday year finished and I had taken all my leave and for the new year just started and I didn't take any of that leave
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure