Bgc - !!!!!!

Options
I received a bank giro credit from a debt recovery agency with the exact figure printed on it as an amount that was paid into a closed BOS account. What do I do? Nationwide said it does not have a value on it but it can't be a coincidence.

Comments

• StopIt
    StopIt Posts: 1,470 Forumite
    Options
    Something doesn't make sense here.

BOS = Bank Of Scotland right? They're part of HBOS/Lloyds Group, so why did you ask Nationwide Building Society about it? Contact your local BOS or Halifax branch.If the account was closed, the money would either be held by them, or bounced back to the DCA.

Ben, your reply makes less sense. This was a payment from a DCA, not to.

In debt and looking for help? Look here for the MSE Debt Help Guide.
    Also, If you need any free and impartial debt advice, the National Debtline, Stepchange, and the CAB can help.
  • spngbx
    Options
    BOS - Bank of Scotland, yes. Nationwide is who I bank with now. According to BOS any payment would have been routed to a Lloyd's holding account because apparently BOS is part of the Lloyd's banking group? The closed Bank of Scotland account was overdrawn when it was closed so the DRA where handling the account.
  • StopIt
    Options
    spngbx wrote: »
    BOS - Bank of Scotland, yes. Nationwide is who I bank with now. According to BOS any payment would have been routed to a Lloyd's holding account because apparently BOS is part of the Lloyd's banking group? The closed Bank of Scotland account was overdrawn when it was closed so the DRA where handling the account.

I'm still struggling to work out why you mentioned Nationwide as this has nothing to do with them?

BOS is indeed part of the Lloyds banking group and you'd need to ask them where the money is, if it hasn't been bounced back. If the account was overdrawn however it may well be taken to offset that debt.

Also, If you need any free and impartial debt advice, the National Debtline, Stepchange, and the CAB can help.
  • spngbx
    Options
    Sorry just to clarify Nationwide is who I currently hold an account with and where I would like the payment to be credited into.
  • StopIt
    Options
    spngbx wrote: »
    Sorry just to clarify Nationwide is who I currently hold an account with and where I would like the payment to be credited into.

So? They can't magic up the money.

Your original bank would need to retrieve it, then transfer it for you. Nationwide can do literally 0 in this situation.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure