Dancing in the Rain

Comments

• woop woop another £1K busted and as Beanie says, you're already nearly at the next one! You're so on your way :)

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    well done on all the progress xx
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,651
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    edited 28 November 2016 at 5:35PM
    Thanks Brizzled and Rosa :)

I’m starting to realise I am doing well. I just need to hold my nerve.

To be on target I should be at £13,000 by now, so I am a little behind but I have a year to make up the £2,000 shortfall. I have paid £9,000 of my debt between April and November so I still think I can be DF by the end of 2017

Today I did my Ald1 shop. The best bargain was some face cream. It is anti-wrinkle, SPF20 and has some top notch ingredients. I know good face cream from my Clin1que days when I clearly had more money than sense. This cream costs £1.69!!! The mark-up on posh face cream is insane. When I am DF I will not be buying posh face cream again :)

I have £5.25 left until Friday. I will need to get the bus to work and back on Thursday, but as Tuesday and Wednesday are going to be NSD and WFH and I have food, fruit, chocolate, decent tea and coffee I am fine with that! :)

A lovely cold, crisp sunny day today where I managed to dry tea towels, a sheet and some towels outside

I walked 3 miles

Dishes were backlogged, but no longer.

A good day for me and I hope you had a good day too reader :D

DIA x
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,816
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Face cream sounds like a good buy :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Ald1 get really good reviews on their face stuff. I haven't bought much of it but what I tried was fab.
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • Sounds like you're all set for a good couple of days WFH there DIA :) fantastic work on the £9k, that's amazing! Your face cream sounds like a real bargain, I'm on the lookout for a good cheap face cream - so will give it a try :)

Jumblerina xxx
  • Thanks guys :) The cream is good stuff. There were only 2 left on the shelf. Had I known it was non greasy and suited my skin I would have got both. Hoping they have more when I go back...

I had a lightbulb moment today. I was looking at someone else’s diary and they are doing a cleaning blitz on their home. They had some maintenance cleaning tasks. I only seem to do maintenance tasks like get on top of the washing-up for instance. So I’m not really getting anywhere, I’m just working to stay still. :eek: It is like paying debt and then realising the debt is staying the same because of the high interest.

So, I need a plan and don’t say Flylady. I’ve decided I don’t like her. Her tone doesn’t suit me. There must be another way. I think the person blitzing on their diary was reading a book…Going to have to explore.

As soon as I can afford it I am going to have a cleaner, once a fortnight, or even once a month for a deep clean. I think it’ll be easier when the house is fully decluttered and a bit more functional. Everything feels shabby and grubby. Thinking of a Karch3r steam cleaner out of the home budget….

Domestic stuff;

Soup making again.

Some quinoa cooked for the fridge

2 lots of washing done and out to dry in the cold but sunny weather.

Loads of washing dishes
    (I will be so happy for a kitchen with a dishwasher in the not so distant future, as I cook from scratch for every meal I generate LOTS of dishes despite there being just me!)

A WFH day and NSD

It is cold in my house but now it is dark I will whack the heating on.

A good day :)

I hope you had a good day too. Stay warm :)

DIA x
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hey DIA. I love your forward planning of moving around expenses to get you through the expensive month. You're always so creative with your meal planning that I'm sure you'll get through it.

We need the coupon craze in the uk the same way the US works.

I was looking at a steam cleaner recently too. For me it's another thing to clutter for my viewings so I've decided against it although I do know I want one for my new house. If you decide to get one is love your review of it.

MTxx
  • Well done to making the 15,000's DIA. I use the day and night cream from Ald1 and I love them.

Are you doing the December NSD challenge? I need to look for it and join this month. Just one thing I can't get my head round is if all my money is budgeted from now until the next pay day does that mean that every day should be a NSD? Do you count spend days as money spent that shouldn't have been?

Take care.

Tink xx
    As of 31st December 2018 Total Debt = £15837.59
    DEBT 1 - £41.10 DEBT 2 - £257.41 DEBT 3 - £584.12 DEBT 4 - £700.00
    DEBT 5 - £655.02 DEBT 6 - £669.18 DEBT 7 - £3448.00 DEBT 8 - £2169.12
    DEBT 9 - £2964.25 DEBT 10 - £4349.39
  • MuffinTops wrote: »
    I was looking at a steam cleaner recently too. For me it's another thing to clutter for my viewings so I've decided against it although I do know I want one for my new house. If you decide to get one is love your review of it.
    Thanks MT, :) The one I'm looking at is easy to store as it isn't huge, on the downside you need to refill it more often, but I think I would be okay with that. I'll let you know...

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills