IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Cigarette ends and "fines"

Comments

• I suggest the OP goes to pepipoo.com, they do have some legal people on there and is more likely to get an accurate answer.
    Just my 1p's worth, they gave out a ticket, did you give your name and address? If not how can they chase you unless it was out of the car's window.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • rmg1
    rmg1 Posts: 3,130 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 7 September 2017 at 9:40AM
    I wasn't going to comment any further on here due to certain members offering (seemingly) abusive comments. I have, however, just checked the FPN I was given and found an error.
    The address of the alleged offence is on a street I was nowhere near.

As coupon-mad referred to, it was Kingdom I needed to speak to to try and sort this out.

@spadoosh - I have now invested in a pocket ashtray (waiting for it to be delivered) and, in the meantime, I have made alternative arrangements.
    :wall: Flagellation, necrophilia and bestiality - Am I flogging a dead horse? :wall:

Any posts are my opinion and only that. Please read at your own risk.
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,051 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    do you have a smart phone?
    you could see if your location had been recorded on apple maps, or google maps timeline history.
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,032 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    rmg1 wrote: »
    I wasn't going to comment any further on here due to certain members offering (seemingly) abusive comments. I have, however, just checked the FPN I was given and found an error.
    The address of the alleged offence is on a street I was nowhere near.

As coupon-mad referred to, it was Kingdom I needed to speak to to try and sort this out.

@spadoosh - I have now invested in a pocket ashtray (waiting for it to be delivered) and, in the meantime, I have made alternative arrangements.

Fair enough but I don't see my comments as abusive, the way councils have taken on these scum firms is disgusting I agree and they are incentivised that is wrong.

I am sorry you think I am attacking you but in no way have you shown that you think what you did is socially unacceptable, far from it.

I have a giant bee in my bonnet against litter louts, the country is becoming a toilet and this is the tip of the iceberg.

Just the way I see it sorry if it offends, I'm Gone!
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    If OP is referring to my post #3 then to call it abusive is laughable.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,838 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 7 September 2017 at 11:09AM
    Currently on BBC1 Dom On The Spot. Apparently they reckon 200M thrown away a day in the UK, quite a big pile ! And as for bio-degradeable, 12 years to decompose.
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,032 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    DoaM wrote: »
    If OP is referring to my post #3 then to call it abusive is laughable.

No I think its me DoaM:D
  • rmg1
    rmg1 Posts: 3,130 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    It is socially unacceptable and I'm not referring to post #3 with my comment in post #13.
    I think I'll call it quits on here.
    :wall: Flagellation, necrophilia and bestiality - Am I flogging a dead horse? :wall:

Any posts are my opinion and only that. Please read at your own risk.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I suggest the OP goes to pepipoo.com, they do have some legal people on there and is more likely to get an accurate answer.

As the OP seems to have missed it this is the correct answer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure